New guy- simple question. What is the purpose of crackberry email, how, what, why, etc.? Just another email account? Why do I need it?

Thanks! This is a great site, I can't wait to get my new Pearl 8130.

I know just enough about computers to get by, but i'm learning, so I hope my questions are not to simple or annoying.
    11-18-07 11:28 AM
    Just another email account!
    11-18-07 11:41 AM
    It's just a regular email address.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-07 11:52 AM
    when i eat a peppermint patty i get the feeling of the wind in my hair while i swoosh swoosh swoosh down the mountian and......

sorry..couldn't resist

the best thing is you can forward your crackberry mail directly to your device...

-db

welcome to the crack
    11-18-07 11:53 AM
    Thanks, How and where do I access this email account. I already registered an address, but I don't see a link or location to access this email?
    11-18-07 12:14 PM
    I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but the basics are hanging me up.

I registered a new Crackberry email account and forwarded it to my primary Comcast email. I Then sent a test message from my company email account to the Crackberry address. It was returned, cannot find Crackberry address.

Please help a Noob! Is there any advantage to having this Crackberry email?
    11-18-07 12:45 PM
    Crackberry only forwards emails to address you specify, but you can setup is as email...

Here is guide -- http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/setu...il-guide-5645/
    11-18-07 12:54 PM
    Its not actually an email account - its a redirect and therefore stores nothing

Its easier to give out:

user@crackberry.com

than

user@verizontmobile.o2.com.uk.org blah blah blah

I have used it from the start when Crackberry.com started and i dont think i ever given out my regular acc. email
    11-18-07 01:00 PM
    THANK YOU!! I got it now.
    11-18-07 01:03 PM
    Hope you enjoy using it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-07 01:45 PM
    I'm now very frustrated!! This should be easy. I'm just not doing something correctly I guess.
    I set up a crackberry email and had it forwarded to my personal comcast email. But when i send a message to the crackberry email it is returned with error, NOT FORWARDED.
    What am I doing wrong?
    11-18-07 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD