Hey fellow crackberries lol... i am currently going to purchase a curve this friday and was wondering if any other users of the curve have any recommened Apps to download for the curve..also if i should get the curve because i really like it ..my plan is currently with a sidekick and i pay
    $39.99 for 1000 min free nights and weekends. no faves
    so i plan on adding the 19.99 data for plackberry and unlimited text.
    also is there like a clear protector that not only covers the sheild but the keys on the keyboard. and what case proves to offer good protection. links to the products and apps would be very helpful. Also anything i should immediately do or buy as soon as i get the Curve.
    04-01-08 11:30 AM
    If you're rough and tumble an otterbox is a good case. It's not pretty but it will take a bunch of abuse. You can buy it right here from the crackberry store.

As far as apps there are a bunch to choose from
    popular ones are:
    Viigo
    Google Maps if you have gps
    Opera Mini web browser
    an im client, there are a bunch to choose from.
    04-01-08 04:10 PM
    Google Maps
    maps and directio
    www.operamini.com
    web browser
    talk message on hold instant at jivetalk.com
    for IM's
    facebook and espn are pretty cool and i would recommend beyond 411
    04-01-08 04:15 PM
    Don't forget Viigo & The CrackBerry.com Launcher...
    04-01-08 04:17 PM
    how could i forget CrackBerry.com WAP Homepage holy crap !!!!!
    04-01-08 04:18 PM
    So I guess you'll be an addict now starting this Friday?

For the apps, give us an idea of what you want to do with the phone like IM, check news, etc.

Check the 3rd party software section as well. There's a thread there that should give you an idea of what to get.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-08 04:18 PM
    Some of my gotta haves (in addition to what's been mentioned so far):

Pocket Day
    Mobipocket Reader
    Beyond411
    BB Weather
    Lingo
    Audible

Plus, I'm all about the web shortcuts: ABC News, NYTimes, USA Today, BBC News, CNN, MSNBC, WSJ...
    04-01-08 04:24 PM
    Lots of great suggestions here. Can't think of anything to add.

Welcome to CB!
    04-01-08 05:49 PM
    weather sounds good it may help me start checking it more often now lol.. the 8320 dosent have gps i believe so does that mean i cant have a gps app i would really like one. what is viigo by the way and which is the best IM client..is the bb IM program instant responding like a sidekick or a 3rd party would b better.. I only use AIM,MSN, and Yahoo. and i will definetly b using my bb pin since i will BIS to some of you guys on here if you dont mind ...oo i was wondering is there a site where i can download some videos for the curve like short clips of funny things .... thanks alot guys
    04-01-08 07:21 PM
    If you want gps on th 8320 you can buy a puck. It's a gps signal receiver. Yet another thing you can get here in the crackberry store.
    I only use the bbmessenger and Yahoo, so I'm not the best source for IM information.
    If you haven't figured it out already there's no way to use youtube on your bb. I'd suggest searching to find out a youtube like site.
    You're always welcome to send me a PIN message. I work nights though, so usually you won't get me early in the day.
    04-01-08 07:31 PM
    Lingo is addictive, Don't for get facebook, but don't drink and facebook
    04-01-08 08:02 PM
    Wait a minute!! We could watch videos on the web browser just not from youtube??? well I really dont need gps i just would really like the feautre.. or should i get the 8330 from a company and get the unlock code for it??? because i was just buying the curve itself no new contract or nothing. I have been with tmobile since they were voicestream.....i plan on getting the 8gb memory card for the curve... i really wish tmobile had something such as the sidekick unlimited plan which has unlimited text,email and web browsing for $20 bucks lmao.
    04-01-08 08:07 PM
    MobileIM
    Facebook
    Opera Mini
    Poker Blast
    Sudoku
    Lingo
    BlackJack

:]
    04-01-08 10:34 PM
    Welcome...

You can still download the Gmaps and use for directions. If you'd like GPS (turn by turn) you'd need to purchase a GPS puck.

Viigo is a RSS reader. This means all your favorite websites for news, blogs, sports, entertainment, weather can all be accessed easily from this device in an easy to read display. You can chose to view the webpage if it's truncated or would like to see the full page.
    "Viigo is a way to access content and services on your mobile device that's better than anything you've ever experienced."
    04-01-08 11:14 PM
    Welcome to CB.
    Enjoy
    04-02-08 07:32 AM
    Congrats on your upgrade!
    04-02-08 09:00 AM
    Good choice and enjoy the addiction.
    04-02-08 09:04 AM
    welcome to cb
    04-03-08 12:38 AM
    Welcome...
    04-04-08 02:31 AM
    how much is the gps puck? and is it stored within the phone itself or a separate device?

Thanks
    04-14-08 04:20 PM
    It's a seperate device.
    Not sure on the cost as my 8830 has built in GPS.
    Here's a review of a popular one, the Freedom 2000, it attaches right to your keychain.
    Accessory Review: Freedom Keychain GPS 2000 | CrackBerry.com
    04-14-08 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD