I purchased the pearl 8100, 8 months ago from Rogers here in Canada at that time it was $199. on a 3 yr. term. Now they are advertising it for $49. same term. I love the phone dont get me wrong but feel ripped off in price terms. I feel like I should get reimbursed! Any comments?
    Second question I was reading about blackberry weather on your phones the only weather one I saw was a "push one" would that be the same one?
    thanks for any help,
    GG
    01-04-08 10:12 PM
    You might feel ripped off, but that's the way it goes with technology - there is always something lurking right around the corner that will make you fee like you got ripped off. And the carriers won't advertise that something new is on the way!

As for weather, I don't use a 'push' one, but I do use BBWeather, which is very good (and very popular). There is another thread about it here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/weather-apps-13471/
    01-04-08 10:21 PM
    thanks for the info. If I was to upgrade to the curve any suggestions how to do this seeing that I have a contract?
    01-04-08 10:50 PM
    Start selling your plasma now. Rogers will charge you both arms and 1 leg to upgrade.
    01-04-08 11:06 PM
    I also use BBWeather and think its great. If you go with that application it may take a day or two before the actual ICON shows up on your phone. It will appear without warning so keep an eye out. The ICON itself will give you the forecast in picture form without being selected. The ICON can then be selected for a more detailed description.

On the other matter, it is very frustrating when you shell out the money for a phone and then months later see the same phone or newer phone at a huge discount. Sometimes you have to pay the price to have the new shiny toy first. I sometimes think as BB users we cant help ourselves in rushing out to get the new BB as soon as it comes out regardless of price. I do it every time and every time I say I should have waited until it came down in price.

So when is that 9xxx series BB coming out?
    01-05-08 02:45 AM
    So when is that 9xxx series BB coming out?
    I don't know, but I can't wait for you to purchase one for me!
    01-05-08 05:14 AM
    I keep reading in the posts about people upgrading or having more than one BB how can you afford so many? Do you keep the old one or sell it?
    Just curious.
    01-05-08 10:21 PM
    Start selling your plasma now. Rogers will charge you both arms and 1 leg to upgrade.
    That was funny because I just purchased a plasma for Christmas!!
    01-05-08 10:25 PM
    I keep reading in the posts about people upgrading or having more than one BB how can you afford so many? Do you keep the old one or sell it?
    Just curious.
    I get mine from work (I'm the BES Admin, so gotta keep up with the new goodies).

People upgrade the Operating System on their devices a lot, too, which can help put off having to upgrade the device, in some cases.
    01-05-08 10:26 PM
    I'm used to the prices changing with AT&T. I remember several friends rushing toget the Razr a few years ago for over 475.00 and let's not forget the infamous iphone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-08 10:33 PM
    I don't know, but I can't wait for you to purchase one for me!
    Cate I would still buy you a new BB
    01-08-08 02:52 AM
    i know how you feel about upgrading price. i had an enV with verizon for six months and wanted to upgrade to the pearl (which i now have, thankfully!). everyone at verizon kept swearing that i would have to pay full retail if i wanted to upgrade. finally, a very nice in-store sales rep and her manager gave me almost $200 off the pearl. i was then able to sell my enV on ebay for what i paid for the pearl. worked out VERY well for me! i would keep trying to see what you can work out - you never know.

and welcome to cb!
    01-09-08 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD