1. I have the 8830, through Verizon. I also have a VZW.Blackberry email account. I understand that if I send an SMS, the message is going through the Verizon server - not my corporate enterprise server. That's good. But when someone responds, the response appears as a regular email on my regular corporate email account. Why is that, and does it mean that the response (and perhaps my original text) came BACK through the corporate server?

2. This may be related. I set up the Blackberry to receive mail through the VZW.Blackberry account. I even received an Icon with the yahoo "Y" attached, on my desktop. But when I receive a mail item addressed to my yahoo account, it ends up (again) as a message in my regular coporate email account (under the mailbox icon) as opposed to in my new Yahoo Icon. Same questions apply: Does that mean my Yahoo mail is now going through the corporate server?

3. One last question please......If I send a message using the "PIN" feature, what servers, and how is that paid for? Is that free?

Thanks so much for your thoughts. I really appreciate it.

Brian
    06-12-07 12:10 AM
    ALL emails will show up in MESSAGES, period! Since the released of the O.S 4.2, that's how it is. Just hide the other icons, they are not really needed...

Pin = data = free = not via BES...
    06-12-07 05:46 AM
    OK, but does that mean my company can see the messages, even though for example, the SMS text went through the Verizon server, and not the corp. enterprise server? Thanks again.
    06-12-07 09:17 AM
    Unless your Company is running some 'high' level logs, then no. But, remember this, albeit the BlackBerry might be yours, the DATA, belongs to the Company! Bottom line is, tread carefully...
    06-12-07 09:47 AM
    ok. thanks for your help
    06-12-07 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD