Hi Everyone...

I am new to the use of the Blackberry and push email and am a bit concerned about an up and coming trip.

I am going on holiday to Egypt with the phone however because I am a private user and not a bisiness user I am worried about running up large data charges.

Does the phone keep pinging away every so often to check that you have new email or is it only when the mail arrives that the server pings the phone with the data?

I am with Orange in the UK and they say they charge 8 per mb for data to Egypt. That won't be a problem as long as the phone isn't pinging and using a couple of kb every couple of minutes. I am worried that it will be gobling up data charges 24/7 while I am there.

Any advise would be aprreciated.

Stewart B
    10-07-08 02:51 PM
    Why don't you just turn off your data connection when your not using it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 03:34 PM
    How do I do that? When I spoke to a girl at Orange today they were saying I needed to wipe out all my settings then ask Orange to re-send then to the phone when I return, seems a bit extreme to me.

If you connect to a wireless network any idea if providers count any data downloaded through it as part of your allowance or costs?
    10-07-08 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD