Hello,

I don't own a BB yet, and have never owned any sort of Smartphone or similar device. I am thinking of getting the BB Storm when it comes out.

I need to know about the copy and paste functions in relationship to typical uses for my business.

For example, if someone sends me an email with several paragraphs that I want to copy and paste into an email going to a different person, is that possible? I don't want to forward the original email to person #2, because I need to continue an already begun email string with person #2.

So, does copy and paste work within any text-based function on the BB?

Thank you.

PS: What is all the hoopla about locked/unlocked? Can someone explain that, please?
    11-01-08 01:45 PM
    ya you can basically just copy and paste basically anything
    half an email one sentence or even one word its really easy

locked phones can only be used on your gsm network
    unlocked phones can be used on any gsm network
    11-01-08 01:50 PM
    edit---double posted
    11-01-08 01:50 PM
    wow I was just about to ask this same question. I have had my curve for a week and two days and I didnt know you could copy and paste!
    11-01-08 01:58 PM
    Thanks! That's good to know about the copy and paste.

I don't know what a GSM Network is, though, and how that might apply to me. Can one ask for the phone to be unlocked when in the process of purchasing it?
    11-01-08 02:03 PM
    Storm will be on cdma.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-08 02:06 PM
    no you have to buy an unlock code and enter it yourself
    a gsm network is a sim card network
    when you purchase the phone you will only be able to use it on your sim card network once you unlock it you can use it on any sim card network

sim card networks
    rogers
    att
    t-mobile

cdma non sim card
    verizon
    sprint
    bell
    11-01-08 02:08 PM
    and yes storm will be on verizon cdma so it cannot be unlocked
    11-01-08 02:08 PM
    Thanks! That's good to know about the copy and paste.

I don't know what a GSM Network is, though, and how that might apply to me. Can one ask for the phone to be unlocked when in the process of purchasing it?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/unlo...orm-att-73309/

Since you have VZW and they use CDMA you don't have to worry about unlocking your phone as it cannot be done.

If you're wondering about CDMA, GSM, TDMA ect here is little article. It's actually really interesting!

Cellular frequencies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As A side note, i guess to copy on the Storm you'll have to drag your finger across the screen instead of using the trackball?
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-01-08 at 02:19 PM.
    11-01-08 02:10 PM
    ...As A side note, i guess to copy on the Storm you'll have to drag your finger across the screen instead of using the trackball?

Copy to the clipboard has been a basic computer function since the later day of DOS.

Kevin's hands on blog may have touched on it too.

BlackBerry Storm Hands-On First Impressions! | CrackBerry.com

When it comes to typing on the keyboard or selecting items that you are sure about, you simply tap with a bit of "force" (not a lot of pressure is actually required to make the screen go in... just think of it as the same amount of pressure that it takes to type on a standard BlackBerry). So when it comes to you carrying out actions that you are sure about, the Storm is really like every other touchscreen phone. But when it comes to make accurate selections when many clickable options are in close proximity, say on menus or in the web browser when many clickable links are present, SurePress allows you to always hone in on what you want the first time by lightly touching the screen, and then pressing anywhere on the screen for confirmation. Once an item on the display highlighted, you don't actually have to even press in on that location to activate the item - pressing anywhere on the screen is akin to pushing the enter key. This comes in handy when selecting an item that's surrounded by many other clickable items as you can simply click on an empty part of the screen to ensure you don't accidentally select an adjacent item.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 11-01-08 at 02:58 PM.
    11-01-08 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD