I'll try to keep this short. I have the Verizon family plan with 4 lines. My son and I both have enV's. His needs to be replaced. One of the lines is eligible for an upgrade (not the primary line). I would like to give him my enV and upgrade to an 8830. Should I do it? Should I wait til my line (primary) is eligible (about a year and not sure I can wait that long)? Should I wait for the Curve? I travel ALOT and always have to bring the laptop for internet, email and downloading from camera. I do a little ebay on the side so it would be good to check on that. I have lurked on this board for a while cuz I really like the BB's. Oh one more thing - the screen on the enV is too small for my "old" eyes - would the text on the 8830 be bigger on text messages, etc? Thanks a million folks (hope to be converted to an addict!)
    02-28-08 02:59 PM
    On BBs you can ajust the fonts size to match your needs. You can also use it as a tethered modem and access the internet on your laptop when your on the move. If you need a camera for traveling the Curve mightn't be best, you will probably be better with a higher Megapixel digital camera. I highly recommend the 88, it is a very sturdy device and it feels great.

My 2 cents.

Adlen
    02-28-08 04:20 PM
    Thanks Adlen! I have all kinds of camera equipment so I don't need a camera on the phone - I think I have only used the one on the EnV once. Great info on the font size - thanks a million - I'm getting closer!
    02-28-08 04:37 PM
    Well I would get the 88 in your position. If you follow my advice and hit problems I'll help you out free of charge lol
    02-28-08 04:47 PM
    hope you've been converted. :]
    02-28-08 08:21 PM
    I have learned in the week that I've had my BB that its great!! I teather my laptop to my BB ALLLLLL the time. I luv it thus far! As long as you have service where you travel, I'd get a BB!!!
    02-28-08 09:30 PM
    and BTW, Welcome and hope you become an addict too
    02-28-08 09:31 PM
    Well I hope you decide on the Berry. Not only is the device itself a great thing, if you ever hit any trouble you have -6 minuite help on CrackBerry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-29-08 02:24 AM
    Hi Folks!
    Thanks for the welcome! I'm not really an addict yet, but on my way! Catthewildone, do you have to pay extra to tether your BB to your laptop? Seems I remember reading something about that.
    Alden, thanks for your offer of help - I will definitely be taking you up on that.
    Cate, I'll make a deal with you - cuz I think your awesome, I will go this weekend and buy the 8830 ....... if you stay. What do you say - is it a deal?
    02-29-08 11:27 AM
    Hi Folks!
    Thanks for the welcome! I'm not really an addict yet, but on my way! Catthewildone, do you have to pay extra to tether your BB to your laptop? Seems I remember reading something about that.
    Alden, thanks for your offer of help - I will definitely be taking you up on that.
    Cate, I'll make a deal with you - cuz I think your awesome, I will go this weekend and buy the 8830 ....... if you stay. What do you say - is it a deal?
    Cate said she was sticking with Barry. So you're sticking around here yay!

SOME carriers charge extra for laptop tethering but with others it just comes out of your data plan (get unlimited, once you get addicted you will be arguing that unlimited isn't enough!)

Adlen
    02-29-08 12:01 PM
    How's that conversion coming along?
    02-29-08 12:10 PM
    graytshirt - I hear that Cate's staying from Adlen, so a deals a deal, unless I hear otherwise from Cate, I guess I'M BUYING A BB THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!
    02-29-08 12:13 PM
    You've got yourself a deal!
    02-29-08 12:14 PM
    Happy Dance!! Happy Dance!!
    02-29-08 12:18 PM
    Happy Dance!! Happy Dance!!
    Can I officialy welcome you? :]
    02-29-08 12:22 PM
    Lmao! you've got me happy dancin' now!

Let's all give an official CrackBerry welcome to frmniatic!

Fellow CrackHeads, you know what I'm gonna say! Adlen trademark:
    Welcome to the Black n Crack!
    02-29-08 12:47 PM
    I'm on the road right now (as usual) - will be back sometime tomorrow (hopefully) - so I am going to go to Verizon first thing on Monday and get my BB so I can be official!!!! Thanks for all the welcomes - you folks are the bomb!!!
    03-01-08 12:51 PM
    you better not be putting it off!
    03-01-08 02:03 PM
    I gotta say, once you actually have it in your hand, and experience it first hand, you will be mad at your self for not getting one sooner!!!!!
    Everyday, i find something new that i love about 1 of my 4 BBs!!
    03-01-08 02:08 PM
    Everyday, i find something new that i love about 1 of my 4 BBs!!
    Can I have one? lol, JK.

you better not be putting it off!
    Good point. If that BB isn't in it's holster by 12:00Mdnt GMT I'll be having words!

I'm on the road right now (as usual) - will be back sometime tomorrow (hopefully) - so I am going to go to Verizon first thing on Monday and get my BB so I can be official!!!! Thanks for all the welcomes - you folks are the bomb!!!
    We ARE the bomb... They won't even let us on trains or planes.
    03-01-08 02:20 PM
    monday. monday is tomorrow.

tomorrow you will have your bb.

monday.
    03-02-08 01:39 PM
    I went through a similar experiance last week. My new every 2 was not due until Sept. But I switched from a Q last Thursday and so far love my new Pearl fro VZW.
    03-02-08 01:47 PM
    Once you get your hands on that BB frmniatic your thumbs will start twitching. Soon thereafter you'll be cackling like mad saying, "Why did I wait so long?".
    03-02-08 01:54 PM
    I agree - I never thought I could be addicted to a phone... But I am!

And it's way more than a phone, they should stop calling them Smartphones and call them SuperWonderfulMagicDevices...
    03-02-08 03:01 PM
    Ok so, how wack is this? Driving home from South Carolina I stop in Charlotte, NC – haul out my laptop – boot it up and go to shnoop.com and buy the accessories for the 8830 WHICH I DON’T EVEN HAVE YET!!! Then I go to crackberry.com to check in and give you guys an update. I still have a long drive ahead of me (yawn). But yes Cate, tomorrow is Monday so at 10:00 am I will be going to get my BB! Then probably spend the rest of the day bugging the ever loving s**t out of all you wonderful people so I can get it up and running. But I know with all your help it will be a breeze! Signing off now to drive the rest of the way home – so tired……..
    03-02-08 05:12 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD