Hi everyone

I have an 8800 on T-Mobile - fantastic piece of kit - should have got one ages ago...

Anyway, I have a problem with my email accounts... When I first got the device I set up my email accounts (1 work, 2 personal) on the instant email service which means it took about 15 minutes or so for the emails to get to the respective accounts. Not long after, my employer set up BES which I am now hooked up to which means I get my emails instantly. On my desktop I have 4 'messages' icons. One of them - just called 'messages' seems to receive every email I get irrespective of which email account it is addressed to. All emails come into this account - sometimes duplicated. The other 3 messages icons are for the separate email accounts as mentioned above.

I have a feeling that the instant email service is still set up because I get a 'copy' of the emails that go into the 'messages' account sent to the separate email icons about 15 minutes later. If so, how can i delete the 3 initial 'messages' accounts I set up?

What I want, is to just receive me BES enabled work email, nothing else. Can anyone help me out?

Any help much appreciated as i am stumped and getting a little frustrated!!

Many thanks!!

Trando
    06-07-07 05:03 PM
    Firstly, let me make sure I understant this, ALL you want to receive is JUST your BES (work) emails, right?

If yes, go here, log into your account, and click on support for my phone, then setup BlackBerry Internet Email. From here, delete the 'personal' email accounts that you DON'T want to receive emails for on your BlackBerry...
    06-07-07 05:20 PM
    Hi - thanks for the reply. I should have said that i'm in the UK. It doesn't look like the option exists in the UK version of t-mobile. Anything else I can do? Can't I delete them from the handset?
    Cheers
    Trando
    06-07-07 05:42 PM
    Yes, I could have sworn it was available in the U.K. , too...
    Double check, log into your account...

Nonetheless, go to options / advanced options / service book - from here you will see the 'name' of the respective personal email accounts, press menu / delete...
    06-07-07 05:52 PM
    Yes - can see that. For each of the 3 email accounts (including the work ones) there are 2 entries - a CICAL and a CMIME one. Do I delete both? Thanks!
    06-07-07 05:59 PM
    Yes, BUT DO NOT delete ANY relating to work!?! If you do, the I.T. person there will have to re-add you to BES...

But, before all that, when you log in here, don't you see your email accounts?
    It's always better to delete email accounts from BIS rather than from the service books...

Ah, wait! From your device, look for an icon, called 'setup internet email'; that takes you to your account, too! From here you can also add/delete personal emails...
    06-07-07 07:01 PM
    Me again - been one of those days... Eventually managed to sort out my private email. T-mobile managed to delete my instant email accounts as well, which is fine, but guess what? I now have no email on my BB at all. I get email to Outlook, but it's not being sent to my device. THe IT guys have readded me to BES so I can reactivate it but each time I do, I get an error message - Error, please contact your system administrator. Of course, T-mobile are completely useless... Any suggestions? Is there a reset button that will revert everything to default so I can start again?

Cheers!!!

Trando.
    06-08-07 01:01 PM
    You could do a 'wipe' - options/ advanced options / security / menu / wipe device (you'd lose ALL data). Then have I.T. remove your account from BES (everything, including the statistics), and then re-add you...
    06-08-07 01:52 PM
    Goto Email where you added the emails hit the menu button on the email box you want to remove and then choose delete...
    07-19-09 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD