I currently have an LG chocolate and can upgrade now. When I went to the Verizon wireless site and clicked upgrade I got a list of phones I could get with my plan(I don't have a data plan) and a list of phones that I could not get with my plan. The BlackBerry Pearl 8130 came up as a phone I could upgrade to with my current plan. I went to my local Verizon store and the woman said that she couldn't upgrade me with out me chaning to a data plan and that I may only be able to upgrade online with out going to a data plan. Is it true that if I upgrade online then I don't need a data plan?

EDIT: I took a screen shot

I clicked through all the steps. Even though it says It will work with my plan I actually have to change it. I don't see why they even bother listing it under phones I can upgrade to with my plan in the first place.
    Last edited by Aquaria89; 10-07-08 at 10:58 AM.
    10-07-08 10:35 AM
    I believe that with verizon you have to have the data plan

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 10:40 AM
    With verizon they wont even let you activate the bb without a data plan
    10-07-08 11:10 AM
    VZW does require the data plan for the blackberry but not other PDAs. There are rumors here (I'm an employee at VZW) that anyone with access to the "old" system can delete it from your account after activation, but don't count on it. Besides, then you couldn't check crackberry.com on the run!
    10-07-08 07:20 PM
    Yeah, I've heard Verizon requires a data plan. A BlackBerry without data is like a tractor without wheels though, it's just kind of silly. If you just want a phone that can text quickly and make calls, I think there are better, less expensive "dumb" phone options out there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 10:01 PM
    Get the blackberry.....you will love it.
    10-07-08 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD