I recently got my BlackBerry Curve. I couple of friends are also BlackBerry users are trying to add me as a contact on BlackBerry messenger. However there is a problem - their names are showing up on my contact list in the "pending" section and I cannot seem to figure out how to make them "active" (or whatever). They didn't seem to have any problems adding each other as contacts, so they can't figure out why they're stuck in "pending" on my BlackBerry. I am also stuck in "pending" on theirs.

I'm sure I'm messing up something very simple so any help is appreciated.
    11-26-08 11:45 PM
    i could be wrong but it sounds like somebody is not accepting the other ....
    and make sure that your sending a request in (pin)

welcome to cb nation were you and your bb can be one
    11-27-08 01:36 AM
    I recently got my BlackBerry Curve. I couple of friends are also BlackBerry users are trying to add me as a contact on BlackBerry messenger. However there is a problem - their names are showing up on my contact list in the "pending" section and I cannot seem to figure out how to make them "active" (or whatever). They didn't seem to have any problems adding each other as contacts, so they can't figure out why they're stuck in "pending" on my BlackBerry. I am also stuck in "pending" on theirs.

I'm sure I'm messing up something very simple so any help is appreciated.
    Try this:

Delete the pending contact from BBM. In your address book, add the PIN in your contact's entry (there's a field for their PIN). Then go to BBM, hit Add Contact and pick that person from your contact list. You should be able to send them a PIN message from here and all should go well. Please post your results!
    11-27-08 04:20 AM
    Skyjackal,

That did the trick, thank you!
    11-28-08 01:17 AM
    Skyjackal,

That did the trick, thank you!
    Very Cool! I'm glad it worked. BBM is great!
    11-28-08 01:45 AM
    12-08-08 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD