Hey everyone!

So here's my tale of how I became a BB10 user....
    Since 2009 I've been an Android "power user". I've never ran the carrier supplied OS as the first thing I do when I get home is to root my phone and install my rom of choice on the phone. This usually entails running the most current, bleeding edge version of Android. I've always purchased phones 6-12 months after they've been released since by this time I'll know if there are good, quality roms available for it. Needless to say during this time I thought that Android was best thing since sliced bread and was what you could call a fanboy.
    About a year and a half ago I finally purchased a Nokia N9 after reading/researching about it and the community around it. I completely fell in love with Meego-Harmattan's UI and the gesture swipe way of getting around the OS. The interface was simple, well laid out and was pleasing to the eyes. Everything that needed to be done was done by swiping in all four directions. To date it is the best mobile experience I have had. Unfortunately, 2 reasons caused me to look for other alternatives...the N9's USB charging port is the phones achilles heel with it breaking quite easily and what little community was left was decimated by developers jumping ship to Jolla's Sailfish: the spiritual successor to the N9.
    I had always laughed and mocked Blackberry in the past while I was an Android fanboy so I never thought I would ever bother to look at one of their phones. A few month's back I was in a phone shop after grudgingly going back to Android after my second N9 charging port failed when I saw a Z10 sitting in the corner. While not expecting much I decided to see what Blackberry's new OS was like. After a couple of minutes I was completely sold. Everything about BB10 reminded me of the N9: the hub compares to the N9's live feed, the way apps are minimised, both platforms being based on QT & QML, etc. I had found my new replacement for my beloved N9 and it was coming from a company that I never gave a second thought or look to.
    I've truly become a BB convert. I read crackberry.com daily and I'm really rooting for the company to do a turn around. While I'm not standing on a soapbox and preaching BB's goodness to every person that I pass I let everyone who asks about my Z10 play with it for a bit and answer every/any question that they may have. The fact that BB10 can now run Android apps is only another feather in the cap of this fantastic OS.
    I don't even bother to follow what's happening in the Android world anymore. After my N9 and BB10 experience I have no desire to return...

Desmo74
    06-11-14 10:50 AM
    Welcome!

Think you will find that what is happening in the Android world is very important going forward with BB10...
    06-11-14 10:59 AM
    Welcome to the world of CrackBerry and BlackBerry. Always like to hear these kind of stories. Wish more people gave BB10 a chance.
    06-11-14 09:23 PM
    Welcome!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 12:15 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!
    06-16-14 12:43 AM
    I also came from an N9. And while I definitely want to get a Jolla to play with and test, BB10 is excellent software, and I'm glad I made this choice.

Blackberry is not as customizable or moddable as the N9, clearly. Because it's all closed source.

However, as time has passed and indeed as the newer software is coming, I feel no need to mod it.

While a change in theme or colour would be nice, in all honesty, I can live without it. And it certainly does not lack in functionality.

The N9 was one of a kind, there will be another to compare. But BB10 comes as closest as we'll ever be.

Welcome... to the world of TOMORROW!
    06-16-14 01:15 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry and BlackBerry! Nice story!
    06-17-14 07:43 AM
    Ikr, this is what happened to me, good luck with your device!

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 07:46 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry
    06-23-14 12:38 PM