Hello there,

I am the proud new mama of a shiny red 8320! However, I must be doing something wrong and can't figure out what the heck I'm doing. All I want to do is change the ringer on my phone and it has become an exercise in futility! I go to profiles, select phone, change the tune on both in holster and out of holster and save, but then the phone rings and it is still the super annoying ring it was set to out of the box.

Can any of you smarties help me? Thanks!
    08-21-08 03:42 PM
    go to your profiles, scroll to the bottom select advanced options, and select the profile you want to edit. make sure the profile your editing is the profile you have selected or your changes wont matter. and welcome to cb!!
    08-21-08 03:44 PM
    Hi back. And you're not dumb, BB's can be confusing at first.

Read through this - http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/ -
    and also make sure that you're phone is set to the same profile that you're editing, and check for any exceptions - that could cause a different ringtone to play.
    08-21-08 03:46 PM
    Welcome to CB! And you're not dumb, took me awhile to figure out the ringer issue way back when
    08-21-08 03:47 PM
    select profiles
    select advanced options(scroll DOWN you'll find it)
    uncheck myfaves calls if you have my faves
    uncheck important calls unless you want those calls to have default rings
    phone only(hit blackberry button)
    select edit

Make all your choices from there

Edited to say you don't HAVe to uncheck your MY FAVES caller list....but if you don't it will do he default ring is a my faves person calls you. Funny thing was when i didn't know about unchecking this box I went nuts because I kept checking to see if my new rings were working by calling from my friends phone who is a my faves for me. It kept doing the Default ring until ui was about to SCREAM. DUHHHHHH once I uncheck my faves people box all was good.
    Last edited by SandAngel; 08-21-08 at 04:49 PM.
    08-21-08 03:54 PM
    Welcome to CB
    08-21-08 03:55 PM
    No questions are dumb here. Follow the above advice and you should be fine. Check back if you are still having trouble. Welcome to crackberry!
    08-21-08 03:57 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    08-21-08 03:57 PM
    Thanks guys!! I'm sure I will have a lot more newbie questions. I was ready to take a sledgehammer to the poor thing!
    08-21-08 03:58 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-08 04:00 PM
    08-21-08 04:02 PM
    I have no idea what I am doing. I keep hitting download on a song I want for my ringer and nothing happens..
    08-21-08 04:04 PM
    I have no idea what I am doing. I keep hitting download on a song I want for my ringer and nothing happens..

Try the above instructions. If you DL a ringer there's a box to "check" if you want it a your default ringer. BlackBerry 101: How to Download and Install Ringtones on your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    08-21-08 04:06 PM

You brought a Blackberry didn't you? That is the first indication that you are indeed a bright inidividual. Secondly, you came to Crackberry to get answers and your fix and that proves that you are a highly intelligent being. What they said and the instructions given should solve your profile and ringing problem. We are unamious that you are not DUMB! Stop saying that!
    08-21-08 04:10 PM
    No questions are dumb here. Follow the above advice and you should be fine. Check back if you are still having trouble. Welcome to crackberry!
    Quoted for truth, Welcome to CB
    08-21-08 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD