Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I will be receiving my TMo 8320 on Monday and have been trying to familiarize myself with the device as much as possible. Read the Blackberry 101 today and found it very helpful. Looking forward to figuring out my new toy.

-Marcus
    Last edited by BroadSword; 01-04-08 at 07:11 PM. Reason: add sig
    01-04-08 07:09 PM
    Welcome Broad!!! Enjoy you stay with us as well as ur new BB!!!
    01-04-08 07:11 PM
    You wont be disappointed! Unless of course you didnt research to make sure it does everything you need it to LOL.
    01-04-08 07:11 PM
    hi & welcome. this forum is a great place to meet other BB users & learn so much about your device.
    01-04-08 07:12 PM
    Yes Yes! Welcome Welcome! Think of this as your new home! You will love you new BB and let the addiction begin!!!!!

Click
    01-04-08 07:13 PM
    Welcome! From one newbie to another!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-08 07:14 PM
    You wont be disappointed! Unless of course you didnt research to make sure it does everything you need it to LOL.
    Lol. I very much agree
    01-04-08 07:25 PM
    Welcome! This weekend will seem very long anticipating the arrival of ur BB! Im glad you found the right place to cope!
    01-04-08 07:33 PM
    Thanks all! If anything the BB will have everything I need and plenty more. Coming over from a sidekick III. I've been reading up here and the BBforums (which seem to having alot of server problems) and I was going to go with a Pearl, but after playing with one at the store I don't think I can go from a QWERTY to a SureType. I love gadgets and connectivity....perfect match I think. You are right LMJ...this will be a long weekend. UPS shows it only being about 50 miles from me at the main hub!!
    01-04-08 08:01 PM
    If anything the BB will have everything I need and plenty more.
    amen to that! i feel the same way about my pearl. i am still learning what all she can do. it's amazing, really. welcome and enjoy your new cb!
    01-04-08 09:12 PM
    Welcome. Ask away someone will have an answer.

01-05-08 06:48 AM
    Do they usually come with the latest OS installed or is it standard to upgrade when you first get it?
    01-05-08 12:12 PM
    Welcome To Crackberry
    01-05-08 12:15 PM
    Do they usually come with the latest OS installed or is it standard to upgrade when you first get it?
    Dunno, Jus Got My First BB 2 Weeks Ago. But Myn Did.
    01-05-08 12:16 PM
    welcome stop by the crackberry players club for a warm coming
    01-05-08 09:58 PM
    Welcome to the CB. Be sure to check out the forums and specific threads related to your BB. You'll be glad you did
    01-06-08 03:58 PM
    Ok...must be starting the addiction. Stayed home from work today in order to wait for my CB to show up. A few too many beers during the Charger game too!!
    01-07-08 11:37 AM
    checking in also. but checked in before lol. :P
    welcome everyone
    01-07-08 12:11 PM
    Ok..it's here! Let the fun begin. So far so good. Turns on and makes calls.
    01-07-08 02:57 PM
    Welcome aboard, there's so much to do around here... Enjoy
    01-08-08 07:37 AM
    Greetings, and welcome to the Forum!
    01-08-08 08:59 AM
    Thanks all! If anything the BB will have everything I need and plenty more. Coming over from a sidekick III. I've been reading up here and the BBforums (which seem to having alot of server problems) and I was going to go with a Pearl, but after playing with one at the store I don't think I can go from a QWERTY to a SureType. I love gadgets and connectivity....perfect match I think. You are right LMJ...this will be a long weekend. UPS shows it only being about 50 miles from me at the main hub!!
    I saw you on BBforums. How's it going so far. I'm halfway through the trial period and still undecided, but leaning toward keeping the Curve.
    01-09-08 07:50 AM
    Hey there! It's going pretty good so far. Everything worked out of the box so that was good, nothing defective. I'm on day 2 and liking it. Of course it's different so that will take some getting used to. I've managed to get two email accounts set up, home and blackberry. Probably add more down the line.

The combined inbox was kind of weird, but I hid it and now only see the 2 boxes for the above accounts. I want to say the the Sidekick layout was a bit more organized and simple, but that is the trade off for the all the other features we have now.

Last night I figued out my wi-fi so that is up and running when I'm at home. Just not sure if it's free since I never signed up for hot-spot at home. Email and internet worked real well on it.

Just trying to figure out if I can assign specific ringtones to numbers listed on one address book entry. They only seem to associate with the first number listed.

Overall, I like the features, the size and the capabilities. I don't have an SD memory card yet, so can't really do anything with music.

Have you had any issues with email recepients getting two of every email?
    01-09-08 11:56 AM
    Different carriers ship with different os versions so you can check on this site who has the latest software and how to get it. I just upgraded my os from the Telus pre loaded version to the newly released alltel version which went increadiblely smoothly thanks to crackberry!

A

01-09-08 12:26 PM
    The combined inbox was kind of weird, but I hid it and now only see the 2 boxes for the above accounts. I want to say the the Sidekick layout was a bit more organized and simple, but that is the trade off for the all the other features we have now.
    There's no question the Sidekick layout is designed better. But there are things you can do to make the Curve a little easier to work with. Like you, I hid the combined Messages icon. I don't like the way sent messages are mingled in with received messages, so I chose "Hide Sent" in mail options. But you have to remember they're still there claiming memory, so you have to clean them out. If you do ALT-O (outgoing) while in the mail app, you'll get a list of all sent messages (email, SMS, the works) and you can delete them in a bunch if you want.

Overall, I like the features, the size and the capabilities. I don't have an SD memory card yet, so can't really do anything with music.
    I'm not one to load a lot of music on my phone, but I have a 2 GB card. I sometimes save videos from blueapple.mobi, so there's plenty of room for them.

Have you had any issues with email recepients getting two of every email?
    No. I did have the problem of getting copies of my own gmails sent back to me, but I fixed that by following the directions found on this site and at BBforums.

One of the nicest email features is being able to delete either from the device alone or from the device and the mailbox. Be sure to test that and make sure it's working. It saves a lot of housecleaning on your email accounts.

Incidentally, there is an application in the works that offers something like the Sidekick instant OTA backup of data. It's not quite ready for prime time (still in beta) but it's at Unyverse. You can do Contacts, and Notes, and other things, and they're synced instantly. But since the Contacts list doesn't talk to the BB Address Book, it's not all that useful, unless you want to enter all your contacts twice. It also has an RSS reader, which in my opinion isn't needed. As I say, it's not quite ready yet, but looks promising.
    01-09-08 12:46 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD