Is it bad for the battery to use the phone why it is charging?

Also is it a good idea to buy a better battery for the phone?
    08-07-08 01:24 AM
    Is it bad for the battery to use the phone why it is charging?

Also is it a good idea to buy a better battery for the phone?
    If I understand your questions, no and yes (depends).
    08-07-08 08:48 AM
    "Bad" to use the phone while charging? As in, "Will it damage the phone?" - No. Talk away.

Is it a "good idea" to get a "better" battery? If you mean a different brand just for the sake of getting a replacement? No. The OEM one is just fine. Do you mean a higher capacity (1500 or 2600)? If you cannot make it through the time frame you need to without your battery going dead and you cannot charge, then yes, it's worth it to get the extended battery.
    08-07-08 09:10 AM
    Well my battery lasted a whole day today and got down to like 25%. Which I guess is okay.
    I'm just scared now if I use it more will it be dead in like only a few hours.
    Ill just stick with this one though I guess.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-08 09:21 AM
    Just a note...
    It's a lithium based battery, so it does not need full cycles to hold full charges and may benefit from frequent "topping off" the charge.
    Also, it needs a full cycle once in a while to ensure the status circuitry is calabrated.
    So, if it's a new BB and you've been topping it off right out of the box, you may not really be down to a 25% charge. Just for the heck of it, give it a full run down, then charge it off of a USB port. You may notice an "increase" in your charge life.

08-08-08 07:19 PM
    Using your phone while charging - almost certainly OK - although if you or the person at the other end of the call hears a hum, immediately unplug the phone and the charger and replace the charger.

Using a third-party battery - most people get away with it most of the time - but there have been reported incidents of third-party batteries catching fire or exploding - to the extent that newer handsets can electronically identify a RIM-sourced battery and the charging circuits treat other batteries differently.

My own solution for battery runtime is the Tekkeon MP-series devices - I generally prefer the MP1550 with NiMH AA cells because if those lose their juice, I can always buy alkalines and keep going - I also have their MP1800 which uses a sealed LiIon battery and lasts considerably longer per charge but when it's exhausted, you need an outlet. Either of these daisy-chain charge when plugged into both the charger and the handset using the handset's charger
    Last edited by MBW; 08-09-08 at 08:59 AM.
    08-08-08 10:25 PM
    Well my battery lasted a whole day today and got down to like 25%. Which I guess is okay.
    I'm just scared now if I use it more will it be dead in like only a few hours.
    Ill just stick with this one though I guess.

If that is your worry, then buy an extended battery. They sell them in the Crackberry Store.
    Last edited by Jayden0606; 08-08-08 at 11:27 PM.
    08-08-08 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD