Hi. I tried searching the forums and didn't see anything but am surprised no one else has needed to know this.
    I had two phones. my personal Pearl and my work Curve.
    carry two is a pain in the rear so I am just going to bear the cost of the work phone peronally and migrate to one phone in the new Bold.

I need to do the switch devices application with my Curve to ensure I get all the enterprise server information and can continue to get my work email and access work intranet. BUT I really need to also keep all the address from my personal(Pearl).

I first did the switch device from my personal to the Bold.
    It functioned perfect.
    I have backed up my personal(Bold) and did the device switch with the work(Curve). When it did the device switch from the work(curve) it totally overwrote my personal address book. I really need to MERGE my personal address book from the backup file with the way my Bold is currently setup(synched from my workcurve).

Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    11-18-08 05:37 PM
    Can you sync with Outlook? You could sync both to Outlook and have them combined then. The other solution is ABC Amber IPD merger, but it costs money.
    11-18-08 05:47 PM
    You can sync your Backup using the Desktop Manager. Just do not remove current items.
    11-18-08 05:48 PM
    Sunkast, unless I can synch my address book through windows to Outlook the answer would be no I can't.
    I synched into Notes wirelessly for work and my personal isn't synched with anything as I use gmail.

Spooner, So I just do a restore, select the file and then it will give me the option to not remove what is currently on the blackberry?
    11-18-08 06:13 PM
    I just did a sync with Outlook, no problems.
    11-18-08 06:20 PM
    david how do I do that? through Outlook or through the desktop manager?
    11-18-08 06:25 PM
    You can sync to Outlook using Desktop Manager.
    11-18-08 07:06 PM
    Hey Herbal,

Welcome to the CB family! :-)
    11-18-08 09:02 PM
    Thanks paintedpony!

To comment on the above.
    My company uses Lotus Notes not Outlook, but only one of my phones, the work phone, can access the server copy of the address book so there is no way for me to synch them through my email system.

You mean to tell me if I have a blackberry and a backup file from another device, I can't go in and tell it to add the backed up address book to the device without replacing the address book on the device? I would think it would be fairly simple to point the desktop manager to the backup file for restore then to check that I ONLY want to restore the address book and then it goes through and addes entries that are not present and notifies me if there is a duplicate and asks if I want to overwrite or skip. Just like copying files between folders...
    Am I expecting too much?
    11-20-08 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD