I got the Curve about 2 weeks ago. I have never had a BB before.

It's a problem to have my texting show up in my "messages" since between my personal and work e-mail addresses I get about 100 e-mails a day. Sorting through that to find the text where my husband says he wants me to buy milk is a pain.

Is there a setting I am not seeing or a program I can get to separate out the SMS/MMS from my e-mail?

Thank you very much in advance.
    07-30-07 06:57 PM
    Searching helps. Nonetheless, go to messages / menu / options / general options / SMS and Email Inboxes, set to seperate or combined, depending on what you want...
    07-30-07 09:16 PM
    i've seen your reply on a few threads, but i've noticed that i don't have this option on my pearl. i have v.4.2.0.64 with T-Mobile service. I looked into upgrading yesterday, but when i checked T-Mobile, it listed my version as the current version.

Is my Blackberry software tied to my provider, or can I download a later version from RIM? Will the newer version have this option?

Thanks!
    07-31-07 11:25 AM
    You can download another version from another carrier. But, sometimes, depending on the carrier, you could have a 'few' issues. I believe RIM points you to your carrier, if you try...
    07-31-07 11:42 AM
    Good to know about the software versions
    08-01-07 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD