Hello everyone I just ordered my Curve today through Amazon and I'm going to be using Verizon. I hope purchasing it through Amazon works out ok, I am extremely sceptical but in the end I'll be saving over $100 over buying it from Best Buy and over $150 if I were to purchase it from a Verizon store.
    I look forward to using a lot of the information I have already found here to make the most of my BB experience.
    11-09-08 12:20 AM
    well if your a new customer at verizon i think you can get a curve for 89.99 with a 2yr contract
    but regardless you made a good choice with the curve and with verizon
    so with that welcome to cb and to the experience of a bb
    11-09-08 12:23 AM
    Thanks, I should have mentioned that the price for the Curve was $.01 w/ a 2yr service plan. I could have recieved the same price if I used NewEgg.com but I have used Amazon in the past and I have been very pleased with their service and prompt shipments. I think through newegg the phone would have cost 99.99 and then I would have had to send in a rebate form to get the $100 back.
    Deciding which service to use literally took me 3 days to decide.
    I hope CDMA is the right way, I live in Surprise AZ and am going to start college next week in Phoenix.
    Last edited by mrimo; 11-09-08 at 12:34 AM.
    11-09-08 12:31 AM
    Thanks, I should have mentioned that the price for the Curve was $.01 w/ a 2yr service plan. I could have recieved the same price if I used NewEgg.com but I have used Amazon in the past and I have been very pleased with their service and prompt shipments. I think through newegg the phone would have cost 99.99 and then I would have had to send in a rebate form to get the $100 back.
    Deciding which service to use literally took me 3 days to decide.
    I hope CDMA is the right way, I live in Surprise AZ and am going to start college next week in Phoenix.
    well vzw coverage is pretty good and the curve is fairly easy to use and with crackberry.com even easier
    11-09-08 12:42 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-08 01:00 AM
    welcome to CB and enjoy your BB when you get it
    11-09-08 01:00 AM
    Hello. Newbie here also. Found this site thru BZW site. Seems Sprint is the most expensive when it comes to upgrading or adding new lines I see. Paid 200 for a new line for the Curve and 400 for the Touch Pro.. Seems every other phone co. is cheaper. Couldn't wait for my contract to expire so just added a 3rd line for this phone. OK before you all throw rocks at me, I hope this phone get more interesting because thus far, it doesn't seem to be all I thought it would. Please tell me i'm wrong.....someone, anyone
    11-09-08 01:20 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!
    11-09-08 03:00 AM
    Hello. Newbie here also. Found this site thru BZW site. Seems Sprint is the most expensive when it comes to upgrading or adding new lines I see. Paid 200 for a new line for the Curve and 400 for the Touch Pro.. Seems every other phone co. is cheaper. Couldn't wait for my contract to expire so just added a 3rd line for this phone. OK before you all throw rocks at me, I hope this phone get more interesting because thus far, it doesn't seem to be all I thought it would. Please tell me i'm wrong.....someone, anyone
    We wont throw rocks! LOL Before you get upset, take a good look around, read some of the Getting Started Guide and some of the BB 101 series under the Newbies heading at the top of the page. And if you don't find answers, do a Advaced Forum Search under Help & Discussion. Don't give up. There are so many wonderful people here who will help you into your addiction!
    Welcome to CrackBerry
    11-09-08 03:04 AM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    11-09-08 04:20 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    11-09-08 06:58 AM
    welcome to the family
    11-09-08 07:54 AM
    Congrats on your new phone and welcome to CB!
    11-09-08 08:25 AM
    Congrats on getting the curve, and welcome to CB !
    11-09-08 09:05 AM
    welcome to the good life CB life
    11-09-08 07:40 PM
    Welcome to CB
    11-10-08 02:22 AM
    Well I got my blackberry today. I am very pleased with Amazon(again). It got here when it was supposed to and I was able to track it all the way to when it was placed on the FedEx truck.
    Now I'm going to spend some time tonight deciding if I need to upgrade the OS.
    Thanks for all of the welcomes,
    Mo
    11-13-08 07:41 PM
    I also want to add that I was surprised at how easy it was to begin using this phone. Verizon had a activation letter in my package and all I had to do to use my new curve was to dial a 3 digit number and select, from a prompt, the option to turn on the phone.
    Very easy!
    Saving $100~200 by buying this over the internet instead of from a Verizon dealer or Best Buy was wayyyy easier than I thought it was going to be.
    11-13-08 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD