What is the quickest way to access the contact/address list ???

I just came from a BlackJack and that was immediately accessable from a button on the keyboard.

On the BlackJack, the contacts were listed by "company", thus easy to sort. (The list of "companies" came up, and you selected one and it dropped down a complete list of contacts under that company to select.)

Can this be done on the Curve (8310) ???

Compared to the BlackJack, I find it very slow to first use the "menu", and then have to thumb down to find the list .... and then I don't see them catagorized in any way, (like by "company").

What am I missing .... ????

THANKS
    08-31-08 04:55 AM
    Greetings and welcome to CB! The quickest way to access the contacts would be to assign the convenience key to contacts. Go to Options > Screen / Keyboard and set the convenience key to Address book. As far as the categorizing goes, you can create categories, in your case, a category for each company, then use the filters in the address book to access only those contacts under that particular company.
    08-31-08 06:01 AM
    In addition to Patrickwc's advice, you can also go to Address Book / Menu / Options / Sort By: and choose to see you list sorted by first name, last name, or company. I sync my address book with Outlook and use Outlook's categories to group like entities. Then you filter on categories, and Patrickwc stated.
    08-31-08 08:40 AM
    A quick method to open the address book (at least on my bb) is to press and hold the send key for a couple of seconds. Now if you want to filter by company or whatever just start typing the name of the company and only the entries that match that criteria will be shown.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-08 08:47 AM
    A quick method to open the address book (at least on my bb) is to press and hold the send key for a couple of seconds. Now if you want to filter by company or whatever just start typing the name of the company and only the entries that match that criteria will be shown.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That is a quick way to access the Contacts. However, it will not give you full ability to contact these people, you will only be able to call them from this screen...not SMS, email, etc.
    08-31-08 08:59 AM
    Simply hit the A key on your keyboard... it will open your Address Book -
    You do have to set the Dial From Home Screen to NO, however....

Hit the Phone icon (or green Phone button) Options - General Options - Dial from home scree = No
    08-31-08 09:04 AM
    Simply hit the A key on your keyboard... it will open your Address Book -
    You do have to set the Dial From Home Screen to NO, however....

Hit the Phone icon (or green Phone button) Options - General Options - Dial from home scree = No
    I learned something new! I have my option set to "Yes" and hitting the A key works great still. Thanks barnes!
    08-31-08 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD