I feell like a ****, but on most phones I've had, you were able to assign any tune, downloaded or pre-loaded, as an alert for text messages or voicemails. Seems like my 8320 Curve will only let me use the pre-loaded tunes for message alerts. Am I missing something somewhere? Please help...thanks!!!
    01-25-08 02:20 PM
    Strange. When you go to edit a profile, you can select any downloaded or preloaded ringtone for SMS alerts. Do your downloaded ringtones show up in the list after you download them?
    01-25-08 03:11 PM
    I go to Profiles>> Advanced>> Select the Profile and then hit the Menu button>> Edit>> Select Messages out of the list of things>> Highlight the current selection under "Tune:">> then it only shows a list of all the pre-loaded tunes, never gives me the option to chose My Tunes...

All the things I've downloaded are on the phone and I use most of them for ringtones... this is about the only thing that the BB has stumped me on..LOL
    01-25-08 03:55 PM
    Editing your "Messages" won't set the alert for Text messages, you need to edit your SMS.

You don't choose "My Tunes" just choose the ringtone you want. You won't see music, just the ringtones you have put in a ringtone folder... so if you moved some ringtones to folder other than "ringtones", you won't see.

Likewise, if you are plugged up to your PC via USB at the time, and the ringtones are your Media Card, you won't see them until you disconnect.

Good luck.
    01-25-08 04:04 PM
    I go to Profiles>> Advanced>> Select the Profile and then hit the Menu button>> Edit>> Select Messages out of the list of things>> Highlight the current selection under "Tune:">> then it only shows a list of all the pre-loaded tunes, never gives me the option to chose My Tunes...

All the things I've downloaded are on the phone and I use most of them for ringtones... this is about the only thing that the BB has stumped me on..LOL
    01-25-08 04:33 PM
    Thanks for the info!!! I knew I was completely missing something. It didnt even occur to me to scroll down to SMS...
    01-25-08 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD