Have data on Palm synced with palm desktop ver 4.2 trying to import via "Switch Device Wizard" in BB Destop Manager version 4.3 on XP Pro w/ SP3
    When the "Select desktop organizer" window comes up, the selection I need is there (Palm/Treo or Palm Desktop Software) but it is grayed out. The Palm is connected but the BB Desktop Manager doesn't see it. I have not activated my 8130 yet as I wanted to get my phone numbers, etc. transfered first -- could this be my problem?
    11-15-08 02:01 PM
    It has been a while but I think before i changed I did one last sync to Palm desktop then Palm desktop to outlook, then outlook to BB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-08 03:44 PM
    What I did with all my Palm data was export it out to a .csv file or text or whatever, and then opened it up in excel to clean it up

... then once you've saved it in some generic format like *.csv then I guess you could import it via Desktop Manager... But that's not what I did. I went from Palm to excel, then to my computers email and calendar program Microsoft Outlook and now I just sync between Outlook and my berry using Desktop Manager.

Welcome to Crackberry!

Take advantage of the very helpful BB 101. BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com . Also the powerfull search engine to dig through this bottomless pit of Crackberry knowledge for stuff already answered. Post on those existing threads or post a new one if need be. Many folks here happy to help. Some searching tips... Go To: Search Forums / Advanced Search / Key word search / search by title / "pick a key word" that comes to mind and you might stumble upon some answers and/or clues. Or search by Post content...

No worries Intervention is not in our vocabulary here, enjoy your addiction to the fullest.
    11-15-08 03:57 PM
    For me is was much easier to sync my palm to outlook one last time then just sync my curve to outlook.
    11-15-08 04:04 PM
    For me is was much easier to sync my palm to outlook one last time then just sync my curve to outlook.
    You are right, it is just that easy LOL. I just made it so complicated since my Palm data was such a mess that I wanted to clean and organize it before I did the transfer.
    11-15-08 04:34 PM
    Help!

I just bought my first BB, and cannot figure out how to get my calendar from the Palm Z22 to the Blackberry Bold 9700. I installed the BB software, opened the Device Switch Manager, and the options to switch data are grayed out. I can't do anything. I am running Windows XP, and the Plam version is 4.2. Any help out there? Thanks!!!!

JHalo
    09-25-10 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD