Hello all, curve newbie but had a pearl for a long time. I went to add my friends PIN numbers to my beautiful new pink curve - and I can't add the PIN anymore! It's only letting me add email addresses. Anyone else having this problem??

I'm using 4.3.0.127

Gracias!!
    09-19-08 03:19 PM
    do you have a data plan and if anything you can delete the bb msgr and re install it
    09-19-08 03:35 PM
    Add the pin to the address book, then go into the BBM and go to add contact, highlight the contact, hit the menu key and add via pin.
    09-19-08 03:37 PM
    Great. I'll try it. And yes I have a data bundle. Thankss!
    09-19-08 03:59 PM
    Welcome to crackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-08 04:53 PM
    Hello all, curve newbie but had a pearl for a long time. I went to add my friends PIN numbers to my beautiful new pink curve - and I can't add the PIN anymore! It's only letting me add email addresses. Anyone else having this problem??

I'm using 4.3.0.127

Gracias!!
    For some reason all of a sudden I had the same problem - and also with contacts in the BB that already have a PIN entered there. So I added by using email and instead of using an email address I just went to top and used the "use once" and typed in the PIN - - that worked
    09-19-08 05:07 PM
    HI all. Sorry to bother again. but it still isn't working! Ugh. Frustratinggg!!
    09-22-08 01:48 PM
    HI all. Sorry to bother again. but it still isn't working! Ugh. Frustratinggg!!
    Try this and be sure you have your cursor highlight actually on the "Use Once" option before hitting the menu key - just tried that and it worked for me.

A contact can be requested by an email message or by a personal identification number (PIN) number with the use once option. When highlighting use once at the top of the address list as detailed in step 2, displaying the menu and select Request by Email or Request by PIN.

Same thing if you are adding PIN from contact list - just highlight the contact > then hit the menu key - - don't click on the contact first. - Hope that works.
    Last edited by Dawg357; 09-22-08 at 05:26 PM.
    09-22-08 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD