You know how you could on other phones, add a signature or name or whatever at the end of your text that would appear anytime you text'd anything. Is there any way you can do that with the Curve? If there is, how in the heck do you do it? LOL
    11-29-08 04:24 PM
    You could use the autotext feature.

Go to Options, autotext can be found from there. Once in autotext press menu and select new. Under Replace type something like "sig". Under With type what you want to appear. Now everytime you type sig your chosen signature will appear.

Hope that makes sense.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 04:30 PM
    welcome to cb
    11-29-08 04:38 PM
    Thank you! Now all I have to do it remember to type sig at the end of my texts LOL.
    11-29-08 05:03 PM
    Instead of sig you can type k then space key (assuming your name is Kate) and that might be easier to remember.
    11-29-08 05:09 PM
    Thank you! Now all I have to do it remember to type sig at the end of my texts LOL.
    Yep its not always easy to remember.

Thankfully the solution for adding a signature to your emails is a lot easier. Simply log onto your carrier's BIS site and edit the signature on the individual email accounts.

11-29-08 05:09 PM
    if your texting someone, shouldn't they no who is texting them? I never understood sms signatues. It seems silly to have your name be part of the 160 character limit when texting someone back and forth. I know I would get sick of seeing "Bob" or "John" at the end of every single text message.
    11-29-08 05:18 PM

Hello & welcome to the CB family!

11-29-08 06:09 PM
    if your texting someone, shouldn't they no who is texting them? I never understood sms signatues. It seems silly to have your name be part of the 160 character limit when texting someone back and forth. I know I would get sick of seeing "Bob" or "John" at the end of every single text message.
    Totally agree. They are a waste. On emails I find them useful because it's more of a "business" communication and I can have my title and company name and phone # and such. But, sms is informal & 90% is to family / friends who probably have caller ID. I think sms sigs are silly. Maybe it can be reserved for instances when sending sms to someone you're not familiar with who may not have you in their address book.

However, if one is desired I think the auto text is a good way to go. I have several set up for email I named them "sigbiz" and "sigpers" do differentiate business from personal. The personal is informal and just signs off with first name and a little something personal. Biz has my company info and professional contact info. Make sure if you use email sigs with autotext you disable the signature from the BIS site to avoid duplication.

11-29-08 06:27 PM
    11-29-08 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD