Hi guys - quick question about replying to posts.

If I just choose "reply," to another user's post - will that user know that I replied to them, or requested additional information from their post?

Is it better to try and send the user a 'private message,' to make sure the person sees that I responded to their prior post ?

thanks!

Jason.
    10-11-08 01:30 PM
    just quote them
    10-11-08 01:35 PM
    Depends on how important you feel your response is to them.

1. Quote them
    Anyone reading will know what you were referring to.
    They may have subscribed to the thread and may get an instant message that you replied to it.
    2. Or send them a private or email message so you know they will sooner or later get your reply.
    Last edited by CJH315; 10-11-08 at 01:56 PM.
    10-11-08 01:46 PM

If I just choose "reply," to another user's post - will that user know that I replied to them, or requested additional information from their post?

Jason.
    Reply is used on the WAP forum, it works exactly the same as the Quote button in the regular forum.

Notice how your original post has been quoted above. I have isolated your question to help make the reply clear.

Virtually all of us look for replies to our posts, that is usually the best way to continue the conversation.

Personal Messages are best used for off topic discussion, messages that do not belong in the public forum.
    10-11-08 02:29 PM
    Reply is used on the WAP forum, it works exactly the same as the Quote button in the regular forum.

Notice how your original post has been quoted above. I have isolated your question to help make the reply clear.

Virtually all of us look for replies to our posts, that is usually the best way to continue the conversation.

Personal Messages are best used for off topic discussion, messages that do not belong in the public forum.
    thanks guys - appreciate te info. This is an awesome resource !!

Jason
    10-11-08 05:39 PM
    And anyone requesting answers and advice by email or PM should remember... that's private consulting and training
    10-11-08 06:55 PM
    And anyone requesting answers and advice by email or PM should remember... that's private consulting and training
    Very well put Branta.
    10-11-08 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD