Hi all,

I should be receiving my new Curve tomorrow, so in the mean time I'm prepping.

Can someone tell me if I can sync Outlook email from my personal laptop with my 8300? I'd like to be able to review and answer emails that were downloaded to Outlook the previous night. Also, emails that were sent out from the 8300 will then be stuck into the "sent" folder within Outlook next sync. If I delete several emails from my inbox (Outlook) then next time I sync they will have also been deleted from the Curve.

I just don't want to have to delete emails from both devices, etc. I'm really trying to grasp this and have tried searching the forums and reading, but...
    Can anyone suggest a good article/post that fully explains the in/outs of the various options for email including BIS (?) and the use of gmail, etc.?

Thanks in advance for any info/advise provided!

Andrew
    10-08-07 11:45 AM
    Email on the BlackBerry doesn't sync. You cannot sync downloaded emails in Outlook to the BlackBerry.
    10-08-07 12:09 PM
    I am wondering something similar. I am very new and do not really understand any of this. Why doesn't it "sync?" I am getting mail to my phone from my service.... isn't this the same as syncing?

Here are my questions:

If I read a message on my PC will it show as read on my phone?

Do I have to manually push the sync button on my desktop manager at certain times or does it just do it automatically after the initial set up?

Do I need to leave my computer on at all times to keep the email coming to my phone from the desktop manager?

I know I probably sound really dumb, but I guess this is the only way to find out. I really don't understand a lot of the lingo used in the forums. Anything that discusses the basic ins and outs of email would be great.
    11-19-08 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD