It's an odd question, I know, but for organizational purposes I have long had my work email forwarded to my gmail account. I still need to be able to send outgoing mail from the work address on my BB, however. Right now, this means I get duplicate messages on everything going to my work email.

So here's my question. Is there any way to set up an email address on the BB as outgoing only? I prefer using the unified messaging app for my sms and email, so just turning off notifications doesn't really solve the problem for me.
    12-02-09 11:20 AM
    I see this question was asked sometime ago. When I Googled looking for a solution to this very topic, this thread was the first thing listed. Of course, no one answered it. After review a number of other sites, I came to the conclusion there was too much chatter and not enough simple answers.

That's why I took the time to review all settings and figured out a solution.
    • Under EMAIL ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT, click and hold the trackball on the account you only want to send (not receive) mail from.

• Select FILTERS

• Do not set up a Filter...go to the bottom of the options and select "Do not forward messages to the device" - click SAVE.

I have tested this feature and I am able to send from this account, but do not receive any of the emails for this account.

Hope this message helps at least the next person to happen upon this thread.
    05-25-12 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD