I am waiting for Orange to activate my data account which will be tomorrow. In the meantime, I thought I would set up my email address etc and have a look at the browser but I cannot find either of them on the menu.
    On the setup menu for email, I only get two options - one says about BB Enterprise email work setup and the other says skip the setup. I do not get the other option about setting up a BIS account. Is this because I have not got data enabled?
    I also have or cannot find the BB Browser, even though it says it is installed in applications. Is this the same reason, not activated yet?
    Sorry about the newby questions - I have forgotten all I know from my last Curve.
    07-28-08 03:50 PM
    Sorry, guys, think I found the answer in BB 101! Need to wait until tomorrow.
    07-28-08 03:58 PM
    Yep, theres no need until you have the plan. Welcome to CB. Post if you have any more questions or concerns.
    07-28-08 04:23 PM
    Hi guys. I feel like a real newbie and have forgotten all I learnt the last time I had a Curve! I have data enabled (large GPRS) but am unable to setup my POP3 Ntlworld email account. I went to the Orange BIS site to create a new account but got told an account already exists using the pin and IMEI numbers I put in.
    Tried setting up aemail account using setup wizard "I want to create or add an email address" and get told that after clicking next, email setup website opens. Press next and get "An error occured accessing your account. Please click below to try again". That's it, won't go any further. Have an icon "email settings" but get same message again.
    Next question. How do I access the BB Browser? I have an Orange Plus icon and the Wikipadia and Crackberry icons but cannot see anything specific for a Browser.
    What am I doing wrong please?
    Doug
    07-29-08 03:13 AM
    Is your BB new or used?

You should have received a browser icon.a globe, upon activation.

Check that it is not hidden by hitting menu key from your BB desktop and if its there but greyed out highlight it, hit menu key and select hide which will uncheck it and place it on the BB desktop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-08 03:20 AM
    Hi. Used. Thank you, got it , it was hidden! also have unhidden another couple.
    Still no luck with the email though. Still getting the same message. Have I forgotten something fundermental?
    Doug
    07-29-08 03:31 AM
    The person who you got the BB from needs to get the PIN released from their account so that you can set up your email. The PIN is still registered to their blackberry internet service account.

You could try asking Orange yourself but generally they prefer to deal with the previous owner.

Good luck.

07-29-08 03:39 AM
    Thanks. Now the hard bit!
    Doug
    07-29-08 03:44 AM
    All done. It was actually registered to me!! Orange were supposed to send me a username/password to get into the account but all okay now, have mail and everything.
    All systems go, let me dig into this 250Mb - much better than the 6Mb I had with my previous Curve!
    Thanks again,
    Doug
    07-29-08 07:51 AM
    Ditched BBWeather and downloaded Weather Eye and it is all singing, all dancing.
    Cannot believe I have been missing all this for the past year!! This thing does so much..... and more!
    Thanks for the rewelcome.
    07-29-08 09:30 AM
    Hi again Doug, glad you are all sorted now and having fun lol

07-29-08 09:35 AM
    Yes, but I should be working.......... ;-)
    07-29-08 09:38 AM
    Me too! lol

07-29-08 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD