I posted this question at the bold forum, but nobody's responding and I really do need an answer to help me decide if I should get my first BB in the Bold or not.

Here goes: Can the Bold send specific messages to specific people at a specific time?, or if the function doesn't come stock, is there a software i can download to achieve this?

Please help.
    08-24-08 08:29 AM
    Wow! This is something that may stop you from getting a Bold!
    08-24-08 08:39 AM
    Why would you even need such a fuction, let alone that be your reason whether or not to buy the newest and best BB out there......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 08:42 AM
    08-24-08 08:45 AM
    I need the function because I mainly do business via SMS. It would make my life a whole lot easier if I could schedule sending SMS ahead of time so I can just compose my messages in the evening and it gets sent immediately in the morning. I would save alot of time and energy.

That's the purpose of my getting a BB anyway - to make my life easier.
    Last edited by blueberryvodka; 08-24-08 at 08:54 AM. Reason: clarification
    08-24-08 08:51 AM
    I checked out the application description and I believe it only applies to BB PIN messages and emails. Sadly, it needs to be SMS.

There's a downloadable application for this for the Treo and I was sort of expecting the BB to have this as well.

(Sigh)...
    08-24-08 08:53 AM
    If you don't mind my asking! What kind of business do you do sending sms messages?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 09:11 AM
    08-24-08 09:13 AM

Not for BB!
    08-24-08 09:15 AM

MessageScheduler

I was just about to post this link. Vodka, I use this program. BB natively doesn't offer the ability to to set predefined times to send.

If you decide to buy this program, everything that you want to send for the exclusion of SMS (which is doesnt work for) must be saved as a draft first.
    08-24-08 09:29 AM

MessageScheduler

I was just about to post this link. Vodka, I use this program. BB natively doesn't offer the ability to to set predefined times to send.

If you decide to buy this program, everything that you want to send for the exclusion of SMS (which is doesnt work for) must be saved as a draft first.
    Unfortunately, it's got to work for SMS.

I use SMS to contact clients since this is the preferred method of communication here in the Philippines. I email too of course, but SMS-ing takes up most of my time, so I was thinking I'd address that first.
    08-24-08 09:47 AM
    There is one called TimelySMS. Please search by this name on Google.
    Last edited by tabarry; 06-20-09 at 08:39 PM.
    06-20-09 08:14 PM
    I purchased Schedule My SMSBlackBerry App World - Schedule My SMS from Blackberry AppWorld. This application can schedule SMS. I am pretty happy from the application.
    05-21-11 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD