Hi I'm a new member and have a question. When I had a motorola phone I could set it to ring for only a few people because I work nights. If any other numbers called (#'s saved to my phone book or any other #)it would not ring just show missed call. I haven't been able to figure out how to do it on my 8330 Curve. I figured out how to make the # I have in my phone book silent, but not the # that I don't have in my phonebook. Please help I'm loosing sleep!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-08 05:00 AM
    Set a special ring tone for the people who you want to hear from while you are sleeping. Then go into profiles. At the bottom of the profile select screen you will see "use active profile except for:" make sure the people you want to hear from have a check mark next to their name. Select the profile you will be using for sleep time. Hope this helps.
    09-18-08 05:40 AM
    Welcome to CB and enjoy your addiction.

Im sure the BB will help your graveyard shifts pass by!
    09-18-08 09:47 AM
    Thanks for the help. I will try it tonight. And yes it helps me stay awake all night!

09-18-08 06:25 PM
    Oh my I work the night shift and am at work right now. I must be getting tired. When I read the title I thought it said help me find a Finger. LOL

09-21-08 05:18 AM
    Set a special ring tone for the people who you want to hear from while you are sleeping. Then go into profiles. At the bottom of the profile select screen you will see "use active profile except for:" make sure the people you want to hear from have a check mark next to their name. Select the profile you will be using for sleep time. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the tip. Did not know that. Under the "use active profile except for:" there is an important calls check box. How do you make a call an important one? I've looked everywhere.
    09-21-08 07:05 AM
    Nother night shifter checkin in. I'm a nurse so I just keep my ringers off during work. I use my BB to play games as they're blocked on the computer.
    Welcome to CB!

09-21-08 07:43 AM
    welcome to bb anyway
    09-22-08 02:05 AM
    welcome to crackberry...
    09-22-08 04:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD