Hello all. Although I am don't currently own a BB yet, I comtemplating getting the 8330 (from Sprint) and have a couple of questions. First, will the 8330 play WMA files downloaded for electronic books from on-line libraries (they have an approval to play for a certain amount of time after playback)? If so, what are people experiencing as far as the drain on the battery (standard)? Finally, has anyone found a good blue tooth headset that works with the BB when listening to audio and taking the occasional phone call.

My wife currently listens to books via an MP3 player that I got her and is totally addicted to this, so if this will work, I have a way to get a new phone for both of us .

I did searchs before posting these, but couldn't find what I was looking for. If it is somewhere, just point me to that thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    10-15-08 01:34 PM
    My wife is an audio book feen as well, so when we decided to go BB, we asked the same questions. My wife still uses an mp3 player as a dedicated audio book device, so we kinda forgot.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that you have to have an OS higher than 4.2 to play WMA.

In any case, check out the site below and test your device. I believe they work with the majority of libraries: OverDrive--Device Resource Center--Frequently Asked Questions
    10-15-08 02:25 PM
    Thanks for the information. As I don't see any BB on the overdrive website, I think I'm out of luck. :-(
    10-15-08 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD