Heya,
    New here, got BlackBerry Q5 yesterday.
    My PIN is 2B4FACA3

I'm new here, but old in Mobile Nations. Changed over from Windows Phone 8 (Lumia 720) to BB Q5 loving the fluid OS till now, also loving the keyboard.

Regards
    Makarand
    06-08-14 02:16 AM
    Heya,
    My PIN is 2B4FACA3

I'm new here, but old in Mobile Nations. Changed over from Windows Phone 8 (Lumia 720) to BB Q5 loving the fluid OS till now, also loving the keyboard.

Regards
    Makarand

Hey makarand14!

Welcome to BlackBerry 10, and CrackBerry Forums!

Glad to hear you're off to a smooth start, and best of luck to you and your new BlackBerry!
    06-08-14 02:20 AM
    Hey there makarand, enjoy your stay here at crackberry! This is the best place to be for BlackBerry lovers and enjoy your q

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    06-08-14 02:20 AM
    Heya,
    My PIN is 2B4FACA3

Regards
    Makarand
    Welcome.
    You don't mind sharing some of the advantages and disadvantages between the 2 OS's? I have used all types of phones other than a WP. Interesting to hear a detailed account.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 02:34 AM
    Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. I'm pretty excited to see how BlackBerry works for me.

@byex I'll surely write something soon, give me some days. Right now all I can feel is that BlackBerry is way way smooth and fluid than WP8.
    It's smoother than my old iPod 3rd Gen too.
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    06-08-14 03:17 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry, and BlackBerry 10! Now since you are new to the platform, if you have any questions, give the forum a shot and we'll see if we can help you out with anything. :]

Enjoy your Q5!

BlackBerry Z10 | 10.3.0.296
    lift likes this.
    06-08-14 04:08 AM
    Welcome to CB!!! I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

I've been thinking about getting a Lumia. I'm just not too sure about the tiles. I like having the wallpapers, but from what I've seen you can now add transparency so the wallpapers are visible. Is that right?

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    06-08-14 04:52 AM
    First, Welcome to the best OS built. I, too came from a Windows phone. I had the Nokia icon.

I had no issues with windows phone, but the battery life. Phones are pretty heavy as well, but I saw the Z 30 and had to have it.

BlackBerry was my first smartphone and now I'm back. Again, welcome and you will love this OS.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 08:13 AM
    Thanks a lot guys! Feeling very welcomed to the forums! I'm finding BB Community very friendly. Loving the feeling

....I've been thinking about getting a Lumia. I'm just not too sure about the tiles. I like having the wallpapers, but from what I've seen you can now add transparency so the wallpapers are visible. Is that right? ...
    @ qbnkelt the tiles are great, I'm not missing them at all although.. the windows phone upcoming update 8.1 will bring transparent tiles and will allow parallax effect wallpapers to be enabled. It's a pretty neat feature and those vibrant Nokia displays make the phone look unique and personal. The hardware is very nice too.

Speaking of OS fluidity and overall smoothness, I'm liking BB more than WP (24 hours since purchase)

Have a long demo on any Windows Phone running 8.1 Dev Preview, before jumping ship. IMO, WP still is a Work in Progress deal and BB have their game set! Also 3rd party app support, quality wise is better found on BB (WhatsApp, Skype etc.)

@ Vic Rivera
    I didn't feel battery issues at all on my 720, maybe ICON has a less battery : hardware ratio.
    Also loving BlackBerry just 24 hrs of use. Maybe Windows Phone 9 shows up and jump ship again, still love the work MICROSOFT has put in the last couple years!
    06-08-14 10:17 AM
    Welcome Mak! If you have any questions or problems just let us know!
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    06-08-14 10:41 AM
    Welcome to the forums.
    Follow the rules
    06-08-14 09:23 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 02:24 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Makarand!
    06-09-14 09:09 AM
    First, Welcome to the best OS built. I, too came from a Windows phone. I had the Nokia icon.

I had no issues with windows phone, but the battery life. Phones are pretty heavy as well, but I saw the Z 30 and had to have it.

BlackBerry was my first smartphone and now I'm back. Again, welcome and you will love this OS.

Posted via CB10
    I have to agree on battery life with WP8.1 on the 920.

Also, while the transparent tiles are cool, some devs haven't quite figured out how to maintain live tile readability with the transparency enabled.

Posted via CB10/Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2273
    06-09-14 11:03 AM
    Welcome. I Hope you continue to enjoy your Q5. These forums are very friendly and helpful. You should have no problem finding any help you may need or information. I love BlackBerry and I love these forums. That said. I'm a tech geek and tried out a couple of nice windows phones. I had a Lumia 920. What a tank. Solid build, beautiful screen and decent battery life. I also had a HTC 8X. Nice thin and light phone. Great display. Fair battery (about the same as my Z10). Both windows phones just felt a little slow to me. The dots rolling across the top of the screen while you wait for something to happen. Also, I agree, It just felt like a work in progress. There was very limited app support. Anyway. I liked it more than android but I am never going to give up BlackBerry. BB10 is just awesome and keeps getting better.
    06-09-14 03:17 PM
    I had a Lumia 822 last year and traded it for my Z10...I love my Z10, hated the Lumia 822...the notifications delayed HORRIBLY....the lack of notification system ruined it all for me.....but I ended up picking up a Lumia 520 for cheap last month and installed the 8.1 dev preview on it and I got to say, WP 8.1 is REALLY nice...its like a whole new OS and experience. But, nothing is going to beat the Blackberry Hub. I also just got a Blackberry Q10 so I can go to Cricket next month (my Z10 is Verizon and my Q10 I got in AT&T variant so I can use it on Cricket)....I have the "Best of both worlds". Even though the Lumia 520 is a "budget phone" it is still VERY quick with things....and if you are curious about the Lumia series, you might want to try it and from what I have seen, it can hold its own even against the bigger and more powerful 1520. I am still learning the Q10 with its physical QWERTY keyboard and even though i've had a Z10 for almost a year now, I don't miss the bigger screen. I have my Z10 in bedside mode so I can play around with the Q10 for awhile and not even use the Z10.....I'm liking it so far
    06-09-14 04:31 PM
    Welcome to CraackBerry and enjoy that BlackBerry!
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    06-10-14 09:08 AM
    I am a new os 10 er. BlackBerry. Z10! Longtime BlackBerry user loved os 7. But this Z is the best so far! Would like to join the group for help and support as well. Thanks in advance.
    ...Writer~

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 09:46 AM
    Thank you!

Writer~

Posted via CB 10
    06-25-14 10:10 AM