I've searched the Blackberry 101 section, so I hope I didn't start a thread that is answered elsewhere. I was wondering if there is a way to search the calendar for an appointment with a particular contact. For example, if I have an appointment with a doctor, but I can't remember when, can I search for his name in the calendar?
    11-24-08 04:05 PM
    There is not a native Calendar search function. SearchMagic (Home: software-for-blackberry.com) is a very inexpensive solution with a free trial. I've used it for years. It can perform full field searches of the calendar, contacts, and tasks.
    11-24-08 04:27 PM
    Thanks for the quick response!! The more I visit this site, the more I learn. It's such a shame I have to work, I'd be here all the time.
    11-24-08 06:40 PM
    Won't the native search work?

Go to your home screen and select search.
    There you have the options to select what is searched.

(I had to unhide search as it is not something I use often, but tried it by searching for a portion of the event title)
    11-24-08 07:27 PM
    I know this might not help, but I use Gmail and with that the Google Calendar... Google Calendar does allow me to search calendar item online... it might be a little hard to migrate a calendar to Google, but I was lucky to start my own personal calendar from there.
    11-24-08 07:33 PM
    Won't the native search work?

Go to your home screen and select search.
    There you have the options to select what is searched.

(I had to unhide search as it is not something I use often, but tried it by searching for a portion of the event title)
    Thanks! After I posted this, I remembered the SEARCH application. I tried that, and it works perfectly.
    11-24-08 09:15 PM
    Good catch on the native Search function. I hid it after I found SearchMagic and completely forgot about it. I use it because it can search fields the native search can't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD