So I am lurking on this forum for a while now and am saving money to get a BOLD. I just wanted to know you guys opinions.

Should I buy on line and get an unlocked phone? There are some sweet deals on ebay.de. For about 500 Euro you could purchase a Bold.
    What I am wondering if BIS will work when I sign up for it? I am a new user so I don't have a BIS account yet.

I am not sure if my carrier (Proximus here in Belgium) will let me use a phone that they did not sell.

Can anyone confirm if it would work? It would be pretty stupid to spend that amount of money and have a phone that does not make use of all it's features.
    Please help. Thanks.
    08-20-08 09:07 AM
    As long as you buy from a credible seller, yes. You can always buy a locked phone and get the unlock from a vendor.
    08-20-08 09:14 AM
    There have been some questions as to whether or not the Bold's being sold were the pre-production demo version or real production versions... I might be suspicious of any sold right now.

And I don't think anyone can confirm if it will work until they have it in hand... double check the rating of the seller.
    08-20-08 10:39 AM
    This is from the German t-mobile site, so it is pretty legit.
    I was just wondering if my provider would let me get a data plan
    for a phone that I got on line.
    Uh, because I have no 10 posts yet I cannot provide the url but if you
    google for t-mobile Germany you will see that they are available for on line

I have been reading different stories that it would work or would
    not work, so I am pretty confused.

Nobody seems to know the answer.
    08-20-08 01:01 PM