OK -

when I opened my browser and went to type in an address, my address bar would be at the top, and it had a google search field underneath. I recently opened the bing app that was preinstalled, decided and didn't like it and won't use it anymore. But now when I go into BB browser, the search field is for Bing instead of google. how can I get that back to google? tahnks in advance!
    12-18-09 10:33 AM
    rumor has it that verizon was pushing that out via service books.
    12-18-09 11:05 AM
    There is nothing you can do at this time...
    12-18-09 11:08 AM
    Any updates on this? I do not like Bing one little bit! Guess I'm just used to google

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 09:53 AM
    This is the way it is now. Check out this thread to complain some more.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/bin...engine-386198/
    12-28-09 09:56 AM
    If you dont click the icon it wont set your search provider to bing. If a person doesn't want to use bing, then they shouldn't click on the icon. Verizon should make it reversible though.
    12-31-09 12:37 AM
    If you dont click the icon it wont set your search provider to bing. If a person doesn't want to use bing, then they shouldn't click on the icon. Verizon should make it reversible though.
    Incorrect, where did you get this information from? Having Bing as the default search in the browser has nothing to do with the Bing icon. Other than the fact that Microsoft is paying Verizon to push these two seperate things to us BB users.

The only thing I did to the Bing icon when it pushed to my phone was highlighted it and moved it to the Crap folder. A week or so later Bing was my only search choice in the browser after I resent the service books. There is no way around this, Verizon will eventually push it to all their BB's. Including you.
    12-31-09 01:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD