Hi there!

Brand new Crackberry Bold user here, reigning from Denmark. I picked up this beauty earlier today, to replace my iPhone.

I have, however, stumbled upon a slight problem:

Going through the setup wizard leaves me slightly baffled.

When trying to go through date and time I get the message :

Wireless Connection Status:

Remove the battery and verify that a valid SIM card is inserted correctly

You can continue to set up your device but you will not be able to connect to the wireless network

Now, I take it that this refers to my carrier? I am on the "3" network, and can send sms, make phonecalls and use the browser without any problems.
    <slight edit>
    I have just realized that I CANNOT browse while Wi-Fi is turned off.

I do have the four blackberry dots next to my 3G signal, however.
    </slight edit>

However, going into "Manage my connections" I see that Mobile Network is set to "3" and is green, with a green tick next to it.

My Wi-Fi is set correctly, however, there is no green tick next to it, but instead a white dash.

I tried turning off my Mobile Network to ensure that I am connected, and I am. Can still browse off my Wi-Fi.

Anyone have any idea what the problem is?

I cannot connect to BIS either, as it seems that my only option atm is to set up a work email account with a BES... This, of course, is not an option for me, as I have the BIS plan. (I take it that this is an issue that I should resolve with my carrier)

Any help is massively appreciated
    Last edited by sweeperdk; 04-25-09 at 04:42 PM.
    04-25-09 03:18 PM
    you prob. have to register your sim card and / or your phone at your service provider.. check your manual for more information or just call the hotline they have..
    04-25-09 06:26 PM
    you prob. have to register your sim card and / or your phone at your service provider.. check your manual for more information or just call the hotline they have..
    I do believe that you are correct.

It seems that my carrier doesn't have a BIS-registering site, so I will just call support as soon as possible.

Am already addicted to this thing
    04-25-09 06:52 PM
    Yup, had a chat with my carriers support today. BIS will be activated tomorrow!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-09 05:41 AM
    To help guide you through what you need to do for the BIS registration when it goes live take a look at Lecture 4 here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...e-series-4716/
    04-26-09 06:57 AM
    branta, thanks for that.

However, after reading it, it just becomes even more clear that I myself cannot register.

Why? Because my carrier does not have a BIS registration page. This means everything will be registered and activated by support, tomorrow morning.
    04-26-09 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD