hi i'm Carly i just picked up the blackberry q10 today and the main reason i wanted it was because of the keyboard and one of my good friends had a Bold for a long period of time and I just admire the phone itself (and Apple sucks..sorry Apple.) While all is great, I still have a few questions that haven't been answered yet. So if someone could help that'd be amazing.. !

First off:
    -How do I view how many gigs of data I've used this month? (I'm on a limited plan! I need to keep track!!!)

I'm still exploring about switching the apps over from Android, I haven't attempted anything yet because I'm not going to download the Blackberry Link on my computer (I'm getting a new computer this week). But does anyone have good resources that would help me for when I get there? I just want an Instagram App and a Tumblr App...that's honestly it.

Oh, and how do I get new music and wallpapers and ringtones??

Okay thanks!
    Korepab, wrpml24 and SantaBerry like this.
    07-14-13 04:20 PM
    hi i'm Carly i just picked up the blackberry q10 today and the main reason i wanted it was because of the keyboard and one of my good friends had a Bold for a long period of time and I just admire the phone itself (and Apple sucks..sorry Apple.) While all is great, I still have a few questions that haven't been answered yet. So if someone could help that'd be amazing.. !

First off:
    -How do I view how many gigs of data I've used this month? (I'm on a limited plan! I need to keep track!!!)

I'm still exploring about switching the apps over from Android, I haven't attempted anything yet because I'm not going to download the Blackberry Link on my computer (I'm getting a new computer this week). But does anyone have good resources that would help me for when I get there? I just want an Instagram App and a Tumblr App...that's honestly it.

Okay thanks!
    Hi and welcome to Crackberry!
    We are glad you are here in the forums. Lots of people here to help you too!

Now as for apps that you mentioned...I have Trapeze (which is a Tumblr) client and I like it a lot.
    Check it out in BBWorld. You should have the icon on your phone right now. When you go there you have to set up a payment method and then you can buy and download any app you want right there. It will download and install to your phone.

Music...depends on what you want to do. Some people use iTunes and sync their library. Me? I download albums and singles from a Torrent client and drag and drop em on my storage card. Play them through music app.

Wallpapers are all over the place. There are threads on the site here. You can also google for wallpapers. You can search for iPhone5 wallpapers and they can be resized easily enough with a small free app on your PC called Fotosizer.

Look in the wallpaper threads too. There are members who post stuff they have found and some things they have made.

Good luck getting started!! Lots of fun ahead for you. and if you need more help, just post here and many people will answer you. If I can be of any help, flag me down!!!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-14-13 04:36 PM

First off:

Okay thanks!
    Welcome to the Forums and the Community,

To view how much data you've used on your account, normally your carrier would have a app (ex. Rogers has Rogers My Account). You can also download 3rd Party Data Monitors from the BlackBerry World Store.

As for Instagram, for now you'll need to side load the application to upload pictures. If you want something to just view photos, the BlackBerry Broswer is more than capable of handling those needs.

On that note, I believe your best Tumblr experience will be using the broswer. I believe there is a few apps in the BBWorld, or you can again go the sideload route.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-14-13 04:38 PM
    Check out Patterns for wallpapers!
    07-14-13 06:50 PM

First off:

Okay thanks!
    Welcome! What carrier are you on? Most carriers have their own app for monitoring data, messages, and minutes. For example, Verizon has the MyVerizon app. There are a few data usage trackers in BlackBerry World in case your carrier doesn't have an app. I'm sure you know that Instagram and Tumblr aren't in BlackBerry World yet, but you don't need Link to sideload them.

Here is the guide from CB on how to sideload:
    How to put Android apps onto your BlackBerry 10 phone (Windows Guide) | CrackBerry.com

You can get music either using Link (music already on your computer that you want to sync) or from BlackBerry World. You can set the songs you buy as ringtones. As far as wallpapers go, you can download whatever pictures you want from the internet and set them as your wallpaper. Good luck with BlackBerry!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-14-13 06:57 PM
    Thank you! I did look on my online verizon account and found my data usage. I will also look into the Tumblr and instagram suggestions.... most likely I will be side lining them from android (or atleast trying too) and the music/pic sounds easy enough!! I'll let you know if I have more questions, where should I post if I have a specific question about the q10??

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 10:45 PM
    Oh and how do I find the wallpapers on crackberry mobile? Can't seem to find them anywhere (sorry for the double post)

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 10:49 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=776733

Just one thread of many

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing, Gatorplayer and CMcRob like this.
    07-14-13 11:19 PM
    Welcome to the CrackBerry forums, Carly! Glad to see folks have been giving you tips to get things going well, and glad to welcome another member to our pages!
    07-15-13 12:01 AM
    Thank you! I did look on my online verizon account and found my data usage. I will also look into the Tumblr and instagram suggestions.... most likely I will be side lining them from android (or atleast trying too) and the music/pic sounds easy enough!! I'll let you know if I have more questions, where should I post if I have a specific question about the q10??

Posted via CB10
    Honestly this is all you do to sideload:

1. Download DDPB (dingleberry)
    2. Download Instagram (google instagram bar)
    3. Set phone to developer mode by:
    a. Going to Settings
    b. Going to Development Mode Section (will need password, can remove later)
    4. Connect phone by USB (think wireless works too, but wire more reliable)
    5. Choose files and hit install

--
    Webstagram works really well on the browser though, I don't use Tumblr so can't say anything there.

VJKVJF||
    07-15-13 03:31 AM
    Hi Carly and welcome to the community !
    I believe most points have been explained, so this is just a friendly welcome abroad
    SF
    07-15-13 07:00 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry...
    07-15-13 11:13 AM
    For any AT&T customers reading this, another option for grabbing your data usage : go to your phone dial pad and enter *data# and then hit the call button. You'll get a text message with your data usage.
    brand new to blackberry and clearly confused...-img_00000408.png
    brand new to blackberry and clearly confused...-img_00000409.png
    brand new to blackberry and clearly confused...-img_00000410.png

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-15-13 11:44 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!
    07-15-13 03:40 PM
    Hi Carly. Welcome to crackberry.
    07-17-13 10:53 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry and enjoy the new phone!

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 10:08 PM