Ive only been interested in the blackberry since I stumbled on an article about BB addicts a couple of weeks ago, its not till then I realized how popular they are in a social environment not just the corporate world, proberly because in the UK, you don't seem to see many people with them, but as soon as i realized what it could do I had to have one.

So what prompted everyone to get a Blackberry over a normal Cell phone / PDA?

What features do you use the most, and what is it about the BB thats so addictive?
    05-30-07 11:58 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com

To make this simple, I'll say this:

1. I hated having more than one device...
    2. I wanted all my data with me, 24/7...
    3. Being able to use a device in multiple countries was a must...
    4. I needed something reliable, i.e. I didn't want to have to reboot every minute (Treo!)
    5. The device that does this with ease, a BlackBerry!

ps: I suggest you go out and get one. You won't be sorry...
    05-30-07 12:40 PM
    I just bought my first blackberry (8830) a week and a half ago. Prior to that I owned a cell phone and a Windows Mobile powered PDA. When I first got the PDA I was excited because now I could always have my schedule and other important info with me, and it was effortless because I could sync it with my Outlook at work. But within a few months I got really tired of carrying a cell phone and the PDA. The PDA did what it was designed to do okay, not great, and it was based on a Microsoft operating system (insert your own opinions here).

But now I have a BB and I am sooooo much more excited. It is strudy, reliable, small, does the job of two previously owned devices in just one device, and it does it all in real time without needing wires. I do use the USB to sync my work calendar, but only need to do that once a day.

If you asked why I picked BB over some other manufacturer, I'd have to say it was because of the good reputation that RIM/Blackberry has earned. When I'd read posts on the other smart phones, I would go away with an uneasy feeling. But not so with the BB.
    05-30-07 01:21 PM
    185 personal and business numbers in my RAZR. The entire thing was cut down to nothing but a phone book after I had to trim apps just so I could add two or three numbers, address and email info to almost every contact. It was between the Treo and BB. After talking to someone who has a Treo and listening to him brag about using his AOL account, etc and having to dial into it from the phone I decided the BB was a smart choice. He even liked the fact that BIS is an "always on" service and doesn't require a voice line to work. I think, at this point, I won't buy another regular phone.
    05-30-07 02:00 PM
    Well, my new 8800 is on its way , I will have it on Friday, going to US in a couple of months, only prob is service providers in the UK charge a fortune for data overseas for instance for data in America they charge �8.00 per mb, so prob just buy a Pre-paid card when I get there voice/text only on my normal cell phone, because the BB will be locked to my home network
    05-30-07 02:00 PM
    Do they still make such a thing?

I won't buy another regular phone.
    05-30-07 02:36 PM
    I've been interested in BBs since the first time I saw one--I think it was ten yrs ago? I was still married, and working for the law firm, so it was a while ago. But back when then, I couldn't justify to myself having one "just because"....then years later, I got my first PDA, a Palm VII, and though I happily tossed my faithful paper planners in favor of the 2MB(remember when that was a LOT? lol)device, and moved gradually from that up to my current Tungsten with 32 MB and a a 1GB chip(and all the various others)....I still didn't want my phone and my PDA to be the same device--till the pearl came out.

Now, I confess that though it seamlessly took in my life in much the same way as my Tungsten, there are programs I wish it had--so much so that I may take a shot at designing them, if I cannot convince their current designers to do so.

I don't know why I resisted so long......
    06-04-07 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD