I have figured out how to add and remove my custom ringtones using Blackberry Desktop Manager, but one thing kind of irks me. I haven't been able to view the file structure like on my previous windows mobile device and can't find anyway to delete the default ringtones any other way. I would like to delete these if possible, and I was wondering if there was a way to view the file structure of the phone. I own a Storm if that helps.
    11-26-08 01:37 AM
    Pretty sure you can't delete the default ringtones.
    11-26-08 07:36 AM
    Pretty sure you can't delete the default ringtones.
    I wish there was a way. I never use default ring tones.
    11-26-08 07:45 AM
    Really...? I wouldn;t really care but there are so many of them. There are at least 30 of them on my phone and that gets a bit cumbersome to search through everytime...ah well. Thanks anyways guys.
    11-26-08 11:34 AM
    Not sure about the storm but on my pearl i can look at 'my' ringtones and not 'all' ringtones.
    11-26-08 11:50 AM
    Yeah. That's how it works on a Curve as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 03:35 PM
    I have figured out how to add and remove my custom ringtones using Blackberry Desktop Manager, but one thing kind of irks me. I haven't been able to view the file structure like on my previous windows mobile device and can't find anyway to delete the default ringtones any other way. I would like to delete these if possible, and I was wondering if there was a way to view the file structure of the phone. I own a Storm if that helps.
    I found this looking for help with something else and it was helpful. To find the file structure. From main screen BBMenu > Media> Roll Over to Ringtones > BBMenu> Explore> Device Memory > Samples> Ringtones ...this takes you to all the default ring tones and takes you into the file structure. What I don't know is about deleting the default ring tones.
    11-28-08 01:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD