Ok sometimes at the top of my Storm it shows 1xev instead of 1XEV. I noticed when it goes from lowercase to upper, things start popping in like SMS, emails, etc. (Assuming I have some waiting to come in.) I've also noticed this always happens when I wake my BB up in the morning from standby. What's the deal with this lowercase?
    06-16-09 09:03 AM
    The difference between 1XEV and 1xev is data connection. When your phone drops to 1xev, you'll notice that you do not get any emails or any other web based pushes. 1XEV means you have full data connection. This is all based on the area you are in since it is based on coverage.
    06-16-09 10:30 AM
    So then what is the difference between 1xev and 1X or 1x? I work for a Verizon premium retailer and I do know EVDO, EV for short, is supposed to be data support.
    06-17-09 01:01 AM
    1xRTT is a slower CDMA data technology
    EVDO is a faster CMDA daya technology

when both are available to your device, it will say 1xEV

when the 1X and EV are capitalized, it means you are connected to verizons data network and the BIS (blackberry) network. this is the only time emails, BBM and the internet will work.

whe the 1x and ev are lowercase, it means you are not connected to the blackberry servers and push email, BBM and internet may not work.

its usually caused by data/network outtages.
    06-19-09 04:29 AM
    1xRTT is a slower CDMA data technology
    EVDO is a faster CMDA daya technology

when both are available to your device, it will say 1xEV

when the 1X and EV are capitalized, it means you are connected to verizons data network and the BIS (blackberry) network. this is the only time emails, BBM and the internet will work.

whe the 1x and ev are lowercase, it means you are not connected to the blackberry servers and push email, BBM and internet may not work.

its usually caused by data/network outtages.
    Thanks for the clarification. I actually got the same answer from one of my Technical Support call-ins I did today.
    06-20-09 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD