Brand new to blackberry's and loving it so far. Just got myself the new bold 9700 with t-mobile and have a couple of questions. I'm new to blackberries but I like fiddling with my new toys.

I'm interested in wiping the device and reloading the OS, I'm assuming that half the things on here are t-mobile added and I'd rather have it as clean as possible. I'm assuming I have to get it unlocked before it will accept anything but a T-Mobile released OS though, is this right?

I'm also a wanting info for returning it to current state. If I mess it up whatever as long as I can reload the OS if I dump t-mobile release onto it it should be back to how it was when I received it correct?

Basically I guess my question is "How do I reset my device to the setup before my carrier got their hands on it? And how do I put it back when I realize that was stupid?"

Thanks in advance!
    -Rael
    12-19-09 02:11 PM
    Try BlackBerry 101 in the tips and FAQ forum. In addition search may bring up lots more How-To threads.

Your provider will push lots of stuff. Can't be removed. Hide the unwanted stuff or move to a new folder and hide the folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 03:09 PM
    You can add any GSM carriers OS, as long as it is for your device. Simply delete the vendor .xml file before installing it on the device.
    12-20-09 10:21 PM
    Brand new to blackberry's and loving it so far. Just got myself the new bold 9700 with t-mobile and have a couple of questions. I'm new to blackberries but I like fiddling with my new toys.

I'm interested in wiping the device and reloading the OS, I'm assuming that half the things on here are t-mobile added and I'd rather have it as clean as possible. I'm assuming I have to get it unlocked before it will accept anything but a T-Mobile released OS though, is this right?

I'm also a wanting info for returning it to current state. If I mess it up whatever as long as I can reload the OS if I dump t-mobile release onto it it should be back to how it was when I received it correct?

Basically I guess my question is "How do I reset my device to the setup before my carrier got their hands on it? And how do I put it back when I realize that was stupid?"

Thanks in advance!
    -Rael
    Welcome to Crackberry enjoy your visits!!
    12-20-09 11:37 PM
    Unlock it will only allow you to use it on other carrier...

The only thing you need to do to install a new OS, it's to delete vendor XML file, install the OS on the computer, and upgrade using Desktop menager.

Visit the treads for more info

Note: install a non-tmobile OS will not remove stuff from yout carrier. Those things are ''pushed'' in your device by the network...
    12-20-09 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD