I just got my curve yesterday and i know how to use it way better than my friend who has had hers like a year or so. HA HA!

Anyway, Im trying to set up the Blackberry messenger and I have sent her a friend request twice and she sent me friend request twice now also but for some ODD reason it is saying that BOTH of ours is pending. Neither are going through.

My thoughts are: Could this be because my friend has the cheapest multimedia/data package T-Mobile has to offer? Or is this a totally seperate issue? Does BBM work like a text message? Or does it require a data/multimedia package boost?

Someone, please, please, please advise. I want to know not only for this friend, but future friend I try to add to BBM. Thanks!

Thanks!
    10-21-08 03:36 PM
    BBM requires the data package, any data package and will not function differently on different packages. Are you sending the request through email or PIN? I would suggest PIN.
    10-21-08 03:38 PM
    BBM requires the data package, any data package and will not function differently on different packages. Are you sending the request through email or PIN? I would suggest PIN.
    I agree, get the persons PIN number and use that for the request. To find your PIN go to options>status...
    10-21-08 03:41 PM
    I am sendin through PIN.
    10-21-08 03:41 PM
    Guys I am doing this. It still says pending.
    10-21-08 03:44 PM
    Give the other person your PIN and have them do it. See if that works...
    10-21-08 03:50 PM
    Might be because the data plan. If you don't have BB data plan it wont work. I tried this with my friend and it would stay pending .
    10-21-08 03:53 PM
    I was having the same problem with my co-worker. She called her service provider and she did not have a data plan as she thought that she had....she has also had hers a while and never used bbm.

try to add me...my PIN is 2473C103
    10-21-08 03:56 PM
    I didn't even check your carrier Jennifer, you both will need to have the data plan for it to work.
    10-21-08 04:00 PM
    She does have a data plan, but its the lowest one possible. Mine is the middle one that allows e-mail, etc. So i know mine is not the issue. It must be hers if this is the case.

**Linde I tried to add you, did it work??

I just got it yesterday maybe it is not fully functional yet. Weird that I can get e-mail and not BBM messages. T-Mobile DID say that it takes 2-48 hours for it to be fully functional. Could this be the case?

And my friend that I'm trying to add (the one with the lowest data package) swears she can pull up her e-mail and myspace with her cheap low grade data plan but she says it takes forever to load. . . Whats up with that?
    10-21-08 04:10 PM
    Sorry Jen, I'm not too familiar with T-MO's data plans. Most providers have tiered data plans based on allowed usage, but they all have the same functionality, so I would not think her level data plan is the problem. Check the PIN number, do a battery pull, call customer service....in that order. Sorry I couldn't help.
    10-21-08 04:16 PM
    Thanks Berry!! I know its not my phone I just added Linde up there and it worked perfectly fine so it must be her data plan. She probably has it tiered just to be able to us picture messaging only. Thats how T-Mobe rolls. 9.99 for pic messages and internet, then 19.99 for the rest. 29.99 if you want the fastest speed and want to recieve corporate e-mails, but thank god my office is on a POP 3 server- PHEWW!! Otherwise I would be spending 30 bucks a month. BOO THAT!! But hey now you know that, I've taught you something today. A newb taught an OG- Go ME!
    10-21-08 04:22 PM
    That's why we're here Jen, to learn from each other. By the way, welcome to the addiction!
    10-21-08 04:24 PM
    Thank you! Im quite strung out already. . .
    10-21-08 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD