Hi! My boyfriend just moved to London from NY and got a new black berry so we have to add eachother as contacts again in BBm. Although it doesnt work via PIN so we have to use e mail addresses. When I ssend him the add in my contacts it shows him as pending but then there is a request from me under my e mail address account. Am I suppose to accept it? Decline it? Is there anything different that he should be doing? I accepted it once and then added my self as a contact
    Please help as i am incredibly frustrated.

Thanks
    10-20-08 01:03 PM
    Really? I use to add by e-mail and it took forever..

I go by Pin request and always works for me.. maybe you have the PIN wrong?
    10-20-08 01:07 PM
    it doesnt allow me to request him or any of my other friend who live in the UK by Pin when I am a US user. Could this be a verizon issue? I know it can be done.
    10-20-08 01:09 PM
    Jen,
    I'm having the same thing happen to me when I try to add my sister-in-law. She lives in the U.S. so I don't think it's the issue of your boyfriend being in the UK. And I have Sprint so I don't think it's a verizon issue either. I hope we can figure this out as it is extremely frustrating! :/
    10-28-08 01:02 AM
    Im pretty sure we have all ran into this issue at some point, what i usually try is..

From my device - add the other parties PIN and or Email
    From their device - have them add PIN and or Email

typically the username@carrier.blackberry.net email works best since it only goes to the device and doesn't have a "junk" box to route msgs through
    10-28-08 01:06 AM
    Hi JenD, BTW, welcome to the CB family!
    10-28-08 11:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD