I just got my BB 8830 this week and am loving it. I have tried to start using the BB Messenger, not the PIN Messenger with another BB user who has the application. I sent him a request and he accepted my request, but I did not change from pending in his contacts. We deleted me and started over. This time he sent me a request to my blackberry address. We did this a while ago and I have yet to get anything. Is there something that I am missing with the messenger. He has a BB 7100i.
    06-01-07 08:49 AM
    I've seen this from time to time. I would on your end remove his pin number, and ask him to do the same on his end. Once done, do a battery pull...

Now, once you're back into the device, you can add his PIN Number. In BlackBerry Pin Messenger, click the menu button, add contact, scroll to the TOP, onto USE ONCE (if he is in your address book, and you have his pin number in his contact details, then you can also follow the next step...), press the menu button, scroll down to "request by PIN", add his Pin number...

Once he accepts, all 'should' work correctly...
    06-01-07 08:58 AM
    It is working perfectly now! I love this site and I love the phone. It makes the Treo look ancient in comparison.
    06-01-07 09:49 AM
    Treo; do they even still make that device?
    06-01-07 09:52 AM
    My girlfriend got an 8330 this past Monday and her messenger does not work. It will let her send requests to contacts but after it is accepted, she gets an email with a bunch of numbers and symbols. We've tried everything I know to do. Any help?
    06-11-09 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD