hi all
    i got a blackberry through my dad's work today (the 8120 with wifi), but i am on a seperate o2 pay monthly contract.

the main reason i got the blackberry was because i thought i could receive emails from it, but apparently you have to sign up to a blackberry data package in order to do this which is about �8 a month ontop of my bill.

is this the only way to receive emails, it seems annoying that i would have to pay this when you can receive them for free on things like the ipod touch.

I just want to be bale to receive them when i am in my home through wifi, is the only way to do it through all these google mail posts i've seen.

thanks
    Dan
    11-11-08 09:13 AM
    Go here for more information on this subject: How to use BlackBerry on Generic Data Plan - BlackBerryFAQ Welcome to CB!
    11-11-08 09:42 AM
    thanks for that, thats a handy document.
    how do i delete the gmail i installed wirelessly as that is obv why i cannot get that to work. i thought i could do it in the desktop manager but dont seem to be able to.. also they speak about .cod files which allow you to use desktop manager to install it but that is for google mail 1.5 are the files available for google mail 2.0

thanks
    Dan

thanks
    Dan
    11-11-08 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD