I'm having problems receiving all my POP email consistently (I have three separate email addresses). One of my email accounts won't even set up at all - it's just not recognized. So to resolve the problem - because two are business emails and that was obviously the purpose of purchasing a BB - I've just set it up so that all three of my emails are forwarded to my Blackberry email. That works like a charm and I receive those faster than through my Outlook.

Is there any advantage or disadvantge to setting it up this way? It just seems a lot easier than going through the hassle of talking to either my Blackberry or Internet provider.
    07-20-07 04:44 PM
    First post. I have my business email setup, and it was receiving emails fine, and then it just stopped. Now, I can send, however cannot receive.

To KoolForKatz, I didn't know you can set up multiple emails on this phone, other than 1 pop3. How is that done?

I'm a true Newbie to Blackberry. I had a Palm 700p and dropkicked it out the car after 3 months. Thanks.
    07-24-07 08:18 AM
    Just log into your BIS account and add the POP 3 addresses you want pushed to your Blackberry.

tomtheguitarguy
    07-24-07 12:01 PM
    Simple, simple enough. Thanks a bunch for the help!
    07-24-07 12:12 PM
    Just switched to a Pearl after 4 years of Windows mobile/smartphone devices (last one being a Motorola Q).
    ***Pop3 forwarding to blackberry.net account***
    I have a business POP3 account that I use with Outlook2007. I don't think I want to forward all in my inbox to the vzw.blackberry.net account b/c all my messages show up "from me" making it hard to reply to the original sender. I did this by creating a rule in Outlook to forward all messages to my vzw.blackberry.net account. This works ok, but all the messages I receive are coming from me (but I never tried to reply to them from the Pearl to see how it would look). Is this the right way to forward my email to the bberry.net account or there another better way?

***Pop3 only with "Leave messages on Server" for 1 day & NO forwarding***
    I then tried setting up my Pop3 account on the Pearl and it seems to work ok although there is a 15 min. delay before it hits my phone. The inbox is nice and clean and I can see who is actually sending me the email (which is quite different than the forwarding to the VZW.Bberry.net account).

#Note#The only way this seems like it would work properly is if I leave PC and Outlook on all the the time, and set my email up to "leave on the server for a day" in Outlook. Is this a correct assumption?

Question- Does the Pearl "Pull" messages off the server, so if PC/Outlook is off when it pulls will I be able to turn Outlook on later and still receive my messages?

If I turn off the "Leave on Server" for a day in Outlook, then Outlook seems to scoop up the messages every 3 minutes before the Pearl can get the message on the phone.

Are these my only two alternatives or are there other ways to accomplish my objective (without getting Exchange Server & BES set up)?

Objective = Collect same email on both PC and Pearl without PC and/or Outlook having to be turned on.

Thanks for reading through my long-winded assumptions and questions.
    03-10-08 02:05 AM
    I hope someone can help! I have a gmail and a yahoo account set up through Outlook. I receive email from both accounts, but I can only reply to the gmail one. I can't reply to my yahoo emails. It just won't send. Can someone please tell me how I can successfully reply using yahoo too?? Thanks!
    03-10-08 09:48 AM
    if the Pearl (or any BB) is set up properly through either BES or BIS there is no need to FORWARD anything or set up the leave on server options in Outlook.

In the case of BIS the e-mail is pulled from your server (ISP or Business) and pushed to your BB. The e-mail remains available in Outlook when you check. In some cases it will be marked as read in other it will not.

All of the e-mail will have the original header and can be replied to properly. If you forward e-mail from Outlook (or any otherclient) you cannot reply to the e-mail or you will receive the reply not the intended recipient.

I have a POP acount and a Ouloook web account (work) set up on my BB through BIS. The pop mail does not sho read in Outlook when I have viewed it on my BB but the Web access one does show read. Also if you have your Outlook set to check your pop mail on a regular interval (mine is 1 min) an you leave outlook running, you may not receive the e-mail on your BB. The BIS System checks for new mail approx every 15 min for mail. If your outlook got it first you will not see it on the BB. This is where you can opt to leave the mail on the server which will preven this issue.

hope that helps
    03-10-08 10:38 AM
    cl65ame,
    Your reply was a great post. This is what I was confused about. Things seem to working fine if I set Outlook email pop account to "Leave on Server" for 1 day (this is under the advanced options setup in your Outlook mail setup). This way, I can leave my Outlook & PC on all the time and receive all my pop emails on Bberry (Pearl).

***If anyone else has other suggestions on how to set up POP3 email that would accomplish this without leaving PC & Outlook on 100% of the time, I would be very interested in hearing this.***
    03-10-08 01:31 PM
    koolforkatz--
    Thank you for your post. If you could please detail the process you went through to forward these emails to your Blackberry.net address I would really appreciate it.

I am interested in the configuration details in how Outlook is setup (if any changes were made at all), where you set the fowarding up (handset or on-line PC web browser), and what email ends up in the inbox on both the handset and Outlook.

Also it would be helpful to know any hiccups that you are experiencing (if any).
    Thank you very much!
    03-13-08 12:14 PM
    buh buh bump
    03-17-08 04:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD