Is there anywhere I can find all the differences (and similarities) between the different BB handhelds? Not just the difference between a curve and a pearl but also the differences between all the curves (8300, 8310, etc.) I guess what I'm looking for is a menu that lists the different features of each.

Thanks for any help...
    10-03-08 11:07 AM
    Did you try a google search on this subject? It would honestly be a LOT for someone here to type out every single difference between every single device model, including carrier-specific models.
    10-03-08 11:10 AM
    10-03-08 11:13 AM
    Hello all, newbie here,

I am trying to install OS 4.3.0.15 on my Blackberry 8300. It installed on my WINXPSP3 desktop computer with no issues however when I go through the application loader, my Blackberry device does not recognize the new OS thus will not install. Any thoughts and suggestions would be welcome, trying to get to use all the new features of the new OS including video.thanks, Michael
    10-03-08 12:47 PM
    Welcome to CB, Michael.

Try starting your own new thread on this topic, and I guarantee you will get way more helpful responses.
    10-03-08 12:49 PM
    Thanks, branta, that's just what I was looking for...
    10-04-08 07:31 AM
    Hello all, newbie here,

I am trying to install OS 4.3.0.15 on my Blackberry 8300. It installed on my WINXPSP3 desktop computer with no issues however when I go through the application loader, my Blackberry device does not recognize the new OS thus will not install. Any thoughts and suggestions would be welcome, trying to get to use all the new features of the new OS including video.thanks, Michael
    Welcome to CrackBerry Michael.

As Jenay suggested, starting a seperate thread will insure the best response, but this is your lucky day.

There are two things that will cause your symptom. The first is a mismatched device OS. Open Windows Control Panel / Programs and verfiy there are two BlackBerry entries. One will be for Desktop Manager, the second will be your device OS. If it is not 8300_xx, the upgrade will fail.

Second, and by far, most common is the presence of the Vendor.xml file. That file controls the carrier specific access. If your new OS did not originate from your original carrier, you can delete it and over-ride the safeguard.

C:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader. Scroll to the bottom and delete Vendor.xml.

When you run Applications Loader, it should then prompt you to upgrade.
    10-04-08 11:26 AM
    Thanks for the assistance, neither solution helped. Now when I click on Desktop Manager, then application loader, now it does not even list an OS to update where as before it only listed the older 4.2x. From this point on I will start new threads.
    10-08-08 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD