Hello everyone, I am a newbee here but I got to admit, I feel like a dayaaaaam fool. I accidently drop my curve in the toilet and now it don't power up any more. I immediately snatch it out (naw!!!! there was no boo in the toilet.LOL) I took the battery out and blow dry it a little with the hair dryer and It still don't work. I am 8 mos into a two yr contract with at&t and the recently replace the original curve I got because of a defective screen. I need some directions badly on what options I got. I know at&t won't replace it because of the water damage so that option is out. Anyone got any Ideas?
    12-06-08 05:24 PM
    Pull out the sim and the battery. Put the phone into rice for about 3 days. The rice will absorb the water. There's a thread on this somewhere for more info.
    12-06-08 05:26 PM
    Chek out in the pearl flip subforum about a guy who had the same accident (drunk), i would advice you to do the same. Just try to use the oven with moderation so you won't get a BB pie .

Good luck bro.
    12-06-08 08:21 PM
    Very slow dry.

Remove the battery to assure that there is no current flow that will cause a short.

Instead of rice you can also get some water absorbing gel packs (like used in electronic and medical packaging)- you might ask your local pharmacist if they have some ready to be thrown out. Then pack the packs and phone in a non sealed paper bag for a few days.

To avoid further damage-When you reinstall the battery and start up be ready to pull the battery out quick if there are strange 'signals' from the phone.
    12-06-08 08:31 PM
    i am having the same problem except my niece accidentally dropped my phone in the sink while handing it to me while i was washing dishes. i am on day one of the rice. i too have att does anyone know if this is covered??
    12-06-08 09:04 PM
    As long as I know, is not covered under warranty only if you are paying rhe insurance for the device.
    12-06-08 09:33 PM
    Check the forums. Put the phone in a bag of rice for a few days to let it completely dry out.

Do NOT seal the bag tightly, otherwise, the bag will sweat and cause even more moisture.

Check the forums - this is the recommended method for drying out a soaked phone!
    12-07-08 12:58 AM
    Question. My daughter dropped mine in the water bowl for the dogs took battery out and condinsation made white square turn red luckly I have keyboard back but roller ball is having issues for enter any ideals on what too do tired of doing the arrows insted or roller ball enter

Check the forums. Put the phone in a bag of rice for a few days to let it completely dry out.

Do NOT seal the bag tightly, otherwise, the bag will sweat and cause even more moisture.

Check the forums - this is the recommended method for drying out a soaked phone!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 09:52 PM
    The rice trick works nicely, I can attest to that with an old motorola RaZr that got puddle-dunked.
    Additionally, you can leave it on a towel on top of a radiator for a couple days, if you're fortunate enough to live someplace like I do with wonderful winter weather.

Circuits don't take too kindly to dihydrogen monoxide when powered though, so hope your 'Berry wasn't damaged!
    Good luck!
    Last edited by Digital_Cataclysm; 12-07-08 at 10:24 PM.
    12-07-08 10:21 PM
    my sister just dropped her razr in the crapper last night, she put it in rice until morning, works like a charm, it really works
    12-07-08 10:23 PM
    i am having the same problem except my niece accidentally dropped my phone in the sink while handing it to me while i was washing dishes. i am on day one of the rice. i too have att does anyone know if this is covered??
    I am a customer service rep for att (5 years) and no we do not cover any form of water damage under the warrenty. But if you opted for our insurance through assurion you can file a claim. And the deductibles for the claims on the blackberry went up last month to 125.00 as opposed to the 50.00.
    12-08-08 03:18 AM
    seems like an awful lot of people are doing this recently, odd......
    12-08-08 05:25 AM
    I did the same thing a few months ago, and my Curve never recovered. I ended up getting an insurance replacement.
    12-08-08 08:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD