I just bought the new blackberry bold, and when I inserted the battery, the phone turned on. I quickly went and started charging it, switched the phone off, and it has now been charging for six hours. Will the fact that it switched on before i started charging it hurt the battery life in future use? Grrrr! I hope not, I just bought it. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot.
    09-16-08 06:27 PM
    No, it should be fine. Batteries are a lot more durable than they used to be.
    09-16-08 09:46 PM
    No, the battery comes with a small amount of charge from the factory so you can start the initial setup. Modern phone batteries do not suffer as much from the old 'Memory effect' that cause old battery to fail unless you fully charged and then discharged.
    09-17-08 09:18 AM
    No, you won't have any problems. Lithium-ion batteries don't have any 'memory effect' whatsoever. Just make sure you do lots of partial charges, and never drain the battery completely. Every 30 cycles, you should drain the battery very low and fully charge it.

I know nothing about BlackBerry's, I'm looking to get one soon though. But I do know a lot about batteries, computers, and cars

-Dragasoni-
    09-17-08 12:51 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

You are getting good advise, enjoy your new Bold.
    09-17-08 12:57 PM
    Thank you all for the replies, really appreciated. I have followed your advice, but my battery life is a bit useless. I fully charged it the first night, and didn't touch it. But I think that's been the general complaint about the bold. I'm considering updating the OS.

Again, thank you.
    09-18-08 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD