1. Rev0lver's Avatar
    Well, my latest phone [Samsung u740/Verizon] has gone fubar on me as a result of some water damage. I'm at a bit of a crossroads here now because I'm due for an upgrade through my provider, and from the looks of it I can get myself a nice 8330 for $100 right now.

    Here's where the problem comes in: with the Storm hitting the states in presumably November, part of me wants to stick it out without a phone for two months or find myself an old one I can use until then.

    Another factor I want to take into consideration is the price of the Storm when it comes out. If it's going to be like $500 with a two year contract, then theres no way my college budget will be able to take that kind of hit [$300 would be optimal with contract, but how big of a stretch is that?].

    So my question to you is this: taking into consideration the potential price of the phone plus the prospect of being phoneless for two months [unlikely considering I may get one of my old phone and just reactivate it] versus how awesome the Storm will be compared to the Curve.
    09-08-08 11:38 AM
  2. iPhone0001's Avatar
    The 8330 is a very nice phone and will, in my opinion, be an upgrade from your prior phone. The Storm will undoubtedly be a great phone as well, but just look at some of the issues in the Bold forum with a new device, particularly the browser, and I can't help but wonder if the Storm will experience issues after its release as well. I personally like the 8330 as it has been out a while and with that, at least you know what you are getting. Good luck with your decision.
    09-08-08 11:54 AM
  3. c32c7's Avatar
    Use an old phone til storm goes down in price.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-08 12:39 PM
  4. Rev0lver's Avatar
    So, thats one and one on each side. Anyone wanna shed some more input?
    09-08-08 05:33 PM
  5. Rizzleman716's Avatar
    I will..
    I mean, the Storms price is gonna be 1 one **** of a killer!
    Being that you're in college that may not be the right move in your place.
    The 8330 is pretty good, and $100 is a pretty good deal...
    I mean you can always upgrade
    09-08-08 05:39 PM
  6. sj-performance's Avatar
    yup start with the cruve. you wont regret it. also nothing for sure on new phones. most of time those are rumor dates. so you gonna wait and wait. for that join the addiction. go get a curve. hurry lol
    09-08-08 06:48 PM
  7. MiniBB's Avatar
    Curve -
    and you can always sell it on eBay in a year or so when the prices come down on the Storm.
    09-08-08 06:56 PM
  8. nmaguire001's Avatar
    curve is a sweet phone
    09-08-08 07:05 PM
  9. Rev0lver's Avatar
    Thank you one and all for your input! I'll be putting in the order for my Curve shortly!
    09-08-08 07:20 PM
  10. fonebrkr's Avatar
    Don't do it, if you want a Storm, get an env off of craigs until the storm drops. Vzw is not gonna charge much more for the storm than they charged for the curve when it first dropped, rememher' the Storm is a vzw exclusive WITH sales quotas, they miss quotas, no more exclusive.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-08 08:33 PM
  11. cpain94's Avatar
    i hate buyin brand new things...whether a car or a phone it takes a while to work all the bugs out...go with the curve
    09-08-08 08:39 PM
  12. OptiPrime's Avatar
    If you need a new phone now get a curve. Its a great BB and like another poster said above; new phones always have some issues. With the bold,javelin, storm and kickstart becoming the new line up I would wait until the reviews are in & the bugs are worked out that way you can get the best device for your $ especially if you're spending $200+.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-08 08:39 PM
  13. hal1's Avatar
    I go about decisions like this with the following question to myself "which will I regret more" In this case that question is, which would you regret more, 2 months wait now, or the next 2 years without it?

    I'd say hold out for the storm. If you get the curve now, you'll likely wish you waited, since you'll have the phone for 2 years.

    Don't get me wrong, the Curve is a great phone.

    Oh, about the "wait 'till the bugs are out", I asked the same question a while back and it was (obviously) pointed out -it's under warranty and shouldn't be an issue.
    09-08-08 10:57 PM