I'm using Redirector and Desktop sync w/ USB for my Exchange server mail etc at my office. However, I don't always remember to sync every day, so my calendar isn't always updated. I just switched to the BB 8830WE from a Treo, and I'm used to Exchange Active Sync keeping all my Outlook data connected all the time. I'm feeling like i missed the boat somehow when I set up the BB on my computer, but not sure where to turn.
    My objectives:
    have my contacts, calendar and office e-mail from our Exchange Server constantly updated on my BB whether or not I'm hooked up the the USB sync. What do i need to do?
    09-09-08 02:26 PM
    Wait, are you using BIS or BES?
    09-09-08 03:11 PM
    I am so far out of the loop on this one, that the only thing I know to tell you is that I'm NOT using BES. I assume from what i read on another thread that there was a difference between Redirector and BIS. But I haven't been able to find out anything beyond that.
    09-09-08 03:16 PM
    I am so far out of the loop on this one, that the only thing I know to tell you is that I'm NOT using BES. I assume from what i read on another thread that there was a difference between Redirector and BIS. But I haven't been able to find out anything beyond that.
    I'm not too familiar with the windows side because I'm a Mac user but I'll try and help.

Did you go through the setup wizard on your BB and set up a BIS account? Not just link your current e-mails but actually set up BIS?
    09-09-08 04:23 PM
    The only way you can get wireless sync is if your company buys an enterprise server and your phone is put on a BlackBerry Enterprise Service plan. I have a lot of customers that get spoiled by wireless sync and wish they could do it on BIS but it cant be done at this time.
    09-09-08 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD