Got my first BB a couple days ago (8330) and I'm loving it so far. Came from a Moto Q9c. Anyway, what OS does everyone recommend? Should I switch to Opera Mini? Is there a Firefox mobile browser out there? IE? Or just keep the Blackberry OS? Any help would greatly be appreciated.
    11-21-08 10:59 PM
    I wouldn't recommend upgrading the OS to the newest version yet. Take the time to familiarize yourself with how a BlackBerry works. Not too mention that Sprint doesn't have OS 4.5 out yet for the 8330. You would need to load Verizon's version for the 8330. This is why I say you should get to know your BB first.

There is no FF or IE for the BlackBerry. Opera Mini is a personal preference thing. Try it and see if you like it or not.
    11-21-08 11:06 PM
    Agree with Sunkast 100%. Do NOT upgrade the OS until you're familiar with the phone.

The OS upgrade is a crap-shoot... things can go good or horribly wrong. If you don't believe me, just search these forums!

Opera Mini is a better browser than the stock browser that comes with the phone. Easy to download and install - you should have no problems.

You have one of the best BB phones out there (IMO), so you should have a long time of learning on a phone you'll love - always a good thing.

And, welcome to the CB family - you're surrounded by friends here.
    11-21-08 11:32 PM
    I'm also gonna back sunkast and pony. Too much to risk if you are a berry virgin when upgrading the OS. Just learn your phone first

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 12:19 AM
    I will heed your advice and stick with the stock OS for the time being. There is definitely a learning curve (no pun intended) when switching to a BB. However, I can already tell that I'm going to fall in love with this thing. Anyway, thanks for the advice!
    11-22-08 08:41 AM
    11-22-08 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD